Re-Enter SIM PIN

I don’t have exactly the same problem (no re-enter pin, but my phone reboot instead when data+location are both on). This seems to work for me. As the problem could be the same with different consequences here is my workaround. Maybe one of you could try.

Google Play Service >Manage>Clear All Data (be sure you want to do it)
Switch off Location.
Now every time you switch location on, disagree to the “improve location
accuracy”. Now, whenever location is on, it will always be Device only.

I can use again data and location at the same time. If it is the same pb, maybe it will stops your re-enter pin problems.

1 Like

Just to support: problem is occuring since a few days now, around end of july. sim pin needs to be reentered every ten minutes. turning location services off fixes the issue. I am on 1.5.1 and not FOSS. o2 Germany.
Cheers,
Christian

1 Like

My FP2 has the same problem, I have to re-enter the pin of both sims multiple times a day. I will try the location switch off work around, but then my navigation software won’t work.

I hope that Fairphone solves this issue soon.

1 Like

Exact same Problem here. I have my phone since last week and updated to 1.5.1 right away. But the first fews days it worked without a problem. The connection loss startet a few days ago. I also alternates between asking for the PIN and mobile connection just silently dying (need to disable/enable SIM)

Disabling GPS helps, reactivating triggers a disconnect immediately. My baseband Version is 4275.1-FP2-0-02

1 Like

Same problem here… since two or three days I have to re–enter the PINs of my two SIM-cards quite often. I am living in Germany and I am using a Vodafone- and an Eplus-SIM. At first I switched the two cards in the phone to evaluate, if the phone or the card isn’t working correctly. At first it seemed that my Vodafone-card was the problem, but after switching data-connection to Eplus I had the same issues there.

I am quite happy reading that I am not the only one and that it seems to be a software issue. So I am watching this thread the next days… :slight_smile:
The workaround setting the location to energy saving seems to work here also.
My baseband-version is 4275.1-FP2-0-02 and I’m on 1.5.1, too.

1 Like

Same issues here. Phone switches of, drops network all the time. changing sim slots didnt help.
Rebooting the phone on the go, makes me hate the white boot screen (who thought of wasting energy on minutes of full glare white boot screen?) and changing the language settings back to the simcards country default with each boot.

1 Like

I switched off location services all day long today. Result is that I did not get a single request to enter the PIN. So I’m pretty sure that the problem is related to location services.

2 Likes

Hi, i have the same issue since the last update - did you already find a solution it get an answer?
Best regards
Lukas

1 Like

I also confirm, that the effect does not occur, with location services switched off.

1 Like

It is a strange behaviour. When I turned on location service after several hours to be able to post an Instagram picture including the place information, it tooks seconds until the PIN Screen appeared again. I do not need my phone to hunt Pokémons but I would like to use things like Charge Map again :wink:

1 Like

FYI - setting to GPS only does not solve the issue. At least when GPS is available and a location request is issued, the SIM needs to be unlocked again.

1 Like

Same issue here in Italy with 3 sim card and 1.4.2.

It happens quite randomly, but I’ve noticed that it occurs every time I start the camera while using an app. If I take a picture straight from Instagram, for instance, or if I touch the camera button in WhatsApp

1 Like

Same problem here, Fairphone OS 1.5.1. Is there a way to diagnose whether it is actually the GPS triggering the SIM PIN requests, without special diagnostic tools?

Same issue here, German an Luxemburgish SIM cards.
Running 1.5.1., factory reset did not help at all.
I have deactivated my PINs as a workaround. Still hoping there will be a fix soon!

1 Like

Look at my reproduction steps and my workaround.

1 Like

Same here. I updated back and will wait till the next update and hope things will be fixed.
Unfortunately i updated and went on vacation, i could not use my phone as many problems accured, it was unbearable. I had the fp2 from start and accepted the first big troubles. 1.4.2 worked almost stable and i trusted the developers and updated 1.5.1 - after this summer i regret buying a Fairphone it’s sad, the project and idea is awesome, but i rather had donated than fight with a unusable phone the whole summer.
>here the link<

1 Like

What was the Baseband version in OS 1.4.2?

From another topic, this should be 4275.1-FP2-0-02 (the same as reported by those running 1.5.1).
If 1.4.2 and 1.5.1. were never installed it’s likely to be DI.4.0.1-00161-M8974AAAAANAZM-1 (this includes people on Open 16.06 who didn’t go via 1.4.2/1.5.1).
However, I also recall someone reporting this issue who was still on 1.1.7 - I’ll check where that was, as it wasn’t in this topic…

Edit: It was here, but concerned crashes on 1.1.7 that turned into SIM disconnects when they updated to 1.5.1. So it’s not clear whether the underlying cause is the same, or one problem was replaced by another.

1 Like

I had the problem with 1.1.7, but it was worse, I didn’t only had to enter the PIN, the phone rebooted itself completely. And not just occasionally, but everytime i started an app using GPS, in my case Maps and Pokemon. With the 1.5.1 update, the problem is like described by others above.

The location mode -> Battery saving workaround seems to work, thanks!

2 Likes