Poll + general discussion: who got Android 10 Update on their FP3 & first impressions

I love android 10 and finally having it on my Fairphone. It seems, though, that you have a pretty limited work force in terms of software development (Android 10 took some time, there are still some bugs), wich I don’t think you can really do too much about. I would suggest that you supply the resources for optimizing and refining the code to your community (if that is legal, Qualcomm might have a problem with that but I don’t think so), as there seem to be many open source supporters among us. It is just a suggestion and I don’t know to wich extend this is possible but I just wanted to tell you about the idea and ask if that would be possible.

I just got it this morning but had no idea it was of any great importance until I came here :flushed:

I don’t like the big clock - why would I need a big clock there when I can see the time in the upper left hand corner? And thanks to the mgkoeln who suggested getting rid of the operator’s name. Maybe I don’t want to depress myself by seeing the weather constantly either. I suppose this might push me to try a different launcher or I might just learn to ignore it like the Google search bar.

4 Likes

May be unrelated but after I left the house I realised I’m not getting any signal for data. Data is definitely turned on :cry:

Re-entereing the APN settings fixes this for most people. Check with your mobile operator for the correct settings/instructions.

4 Likes

Thanks! That does indeed resolve the problem.

1 Like

I’m merging a number of posts that discuss various issues that were encountered after the update into this topic. They were originally discussion on the topic below, which is now a wiki:

@bertG, @Alex.A, @mgkoeln: I’ve merged replies to this topic, as I felt there was quite some overlap between these topics to start of with. I know this topic is starting to get gargantuan, but pulling it apart and then merging different discussions by topic is going to make things even less readable. If there’s a preference for creating a separate discussion topic linked to the wiki, just let me know.
I do still encourage starting new topics for individual issues (where appropriate) rather than just adding to the long list here, as it will also make it easier to highlight solutions / workarounds when they are found.

4 Likes

o god
alle Kontakte, die ich mit der Speicheroption “Gerät” gespeichert habe, sind nicht mehr abrufbar. einzige Speicheroptionen jetzt: gmx -konto und gmail-conto. mit Mühe hat ein Freund es geschafft, die Kontakte von der sim-karte verfügbar zu machen.
Speicher vom Gerät: gibts nicht mehr.
Die Suchfunktion in den Kontakten war seit dem Sommer schon sehr schlecht geworden für die am Gerät gespeicherten, das ist jetzt erledigt, haha

1 Like

After the Android 10 update I no longer here anything when I pick up a call or make a call. Using a headset - wired or wireless - works. The earpiece is fine since I can listen to voice messages in differen messengers with it. I already told teh fairphone support. Carriere: O2 / Telefonica, Germany.

Same for me here. Also on O2. Did some Research yesterday. I tried with the BT in my Car and with a Bose QC2. Media Volume was good and adjustable. But as soon as i did a Phone Call the in Call Audio was so low that i could barely hear the other person.

From O2 to O2 ( my Wifes Huawei ) the audio in call volume was low. This changed with a call Partner from Telekom. At this point the Call Audio Volume was ok but also not adjustable.

I had this effect with Android 9 and it got away after the last security patch for Android 9. Now with Android 10 the problem is back. My hope is it will be gone if the next security patch is out. But i would be very interested in the root cause of this.

1 Like

I’ve not looked into it yet, but I noticed that a preview of the last photo taken is no longer shown within the camera app to the left of the shutter button following the Android 10 udpate, which then makes me less confident that the phone has actually captued the image that I wanted.

I cannot confirm that - the preview is still shown on my phone.

Interesting. There do seem to be variations, e.g. some people reporting still having ring volume changing functionality from the volume buttons whereas others are stuck with media volume.

Well… maybe, they just think to still have ring volume button control because the wrong icon is shown. I also needed a day to recognize this,

could somebody confirm if .ogg contained Vorbis audio is successfully played by the system media framework (standard music app for example)? this audio file can help to decide (downloaded to filesystem and music app opened - not played in the browser)

As mentioned in the other thread, my app switcher button (the square) doesn’t work anymore. Though I don’t know if this impacts anyone else.

I have a suspicion that it might be because I use the lawnchair launcher. For some reason now the default launcher isn’t even an option anymore? Did it maybe get removed during the update and that broke it?

Random reboots on Android 10 (already 6 since the upgrade), didn’t had it on Android 9.

I’m also experiencing reboot issues with FP3 & Android 10. (I had some reboots with Android 9 as well, but they occurred less often).

My previously configured VPN does not work anymore. Always says something like:

There is no network connection available. Please try again later.

Can someone confirm that?

1 Like

Since I updated to Android 10 the stock camera app crashes and won´t store the picture I took. So when the camera app doesn´t crash it acts like it´s taking a picture but there will be no picture in the folder.

1 Like

Maybe the discussion in this thread should be made a different thread.
Like:

• Known bugs & problems with Android 10 (Wiki)
  • Know bugs & problems with Android 10 (Discussion)

Here’s why:
When a wiki - like in this case - is meant as a list of problems/items, that can be edited, it is great if every edit (new problem added, solved problem deleted) makes the wiki pop up in the list of latest topics.
But if a wiki is not just a single posting, this will not happen. It will only pop up, when a new posting is added, but not when “only” the wiki is modified.

3 Likes