Phone freezes every few seconds/minutes . . . . Help, Please!

:sweat_smile: I’m not at all tech savvy so maybe i should just buy a ‘normal’ phone??!! I bought this Fp2 2nd hand, 2 years old, 2 years ago.
I have no idea what is wrong. Just backed up all photos/downloads etc to Mac.
Intending to restore to factory settings? Good idea or not?!
Grateful for help, Iona

Have a look at Settings > Storage – how full is your storage?

1 Like

21 GB out of 32!
Thanks for your reply!!

2 Likes

a factory reset after 2 years is never a bad idea (did you back up contacts as well?). Otherwise, what system in which Version is installed (settings about the phone build number) . Since when does this happen and what are you doing before its happening? Are you doig something to stop it? have you disassembled the phone and cleaned the contacts with a bit isopropyl alcohol (ifixit teardown). Do you use a SD card? is it better wehn you take out the SIM card(s)?

2 Likes

If you happen to have Fairphone Angels in your vicinity (see here), you could ask them whether they would be able to take a look at it in person.

Hi, not sure to find that angel!!
My son has a FP2 as well and is having similar problems thigh he uses his phone a lot less than me.
Anyone looking, we live in Malvern, Worcestershire.

It is 4/5 years old.
Wow … I’ll get back to you when I’ve done some of that :sweat_smile::stars: you’re a star!
No not backed up contacts, thanks!
I’m not doing … anything to cause it (froze for a moment then - lucky, usually have to close the ‘app’)
Well I can be writing a msg or scrolling up or down;
Took it of airborne mode this a m and it immediately froze just pulling down the dropdown notifications …:smirk:
Thanks, a lot :stars:

Could you check the system (Fairphone OS) version (settings → about phone) as asked above? There have been reports about similar problems on phones with very old (not updated) system version.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.