since the afternoon of 23 July '16, my FP2 constantly crashes randomly and is very often stuck on the boot screen (where it says “FAIRPHONE” in the middle and “POWERED BY android” at the bottom). The crashes announce themselves by a frozen screen for roughly 6 seconds.
To see whether the problem is hardware related, I took out my two SIM cards, entered recovery mode and reset the whole phone to factory settings. Yet, after setting it up again, the mentioned problems remain.
I have had two or three crashes in the past 5 months (I’ve got the phone since late February '16), but the phone then rebooted without any problem. But now, these constant crashes and boot screen freezes literally came out of nothing without me (un)installing or (de)activating any apps within the past 7 days.
- The phone has Fairphone OS 1.7.0 (1.5.1 when this issue arose) and is NOT rooted.
- There has never been an SD card in the phone.
- This issue also happens without any SIM card inserted.
- Wiping the cache partition from within recovery mode did not have any effect regarding this issue.
- Even entering recovery mode (holding Vol-Up + Power) is hard. Most of the time, the phone simply reboots as if I was only holding the power button. Even taking out the battery beforehand to shut it down does not change that. It’s kind of a lottery whether I will manage to get into recovery mode or not.
- Even in recovery mode, the phone crashes occasionally.
My phone is currently unusable in this state. If it is a hardware problem, what should I do?
Thanks for your help,