Official LineageOS 20 for FP3/FP3+

Have you try my workaround post 51 ?

If I uncheck Prioritise update process updater work again.

It’s fix since 2 updates by @TeamB58 so after passing this update you can reckeck the box.
Like Iklaus and since midlife of los19 the update take hours and crash many apps in the second part of the process. The phone may become unusable. I noticed that the apps launched before the update don’t crash.

ohhh didn’t see that post. gonna try it.
Thanks!

To speed up the update process, I always enable caffeine (in Quick-Settings) and set it to 30 minutes, this way my last update took less than 30 minutes.

To install magisk, I just keep the magisk-app in foreground until the Android-update is done. This way the magisk-app won’t crash and magisk can be installed to the other slot before the system-restart. Always worked for me.

4 Likes

Thanks for the method, it’s much faster (21 min exactly), but many apps still crashing during the second phase of process.

I looked the details of updater app and battery optimization is activated, someone tried to deactivate it to see it’s work better ? I will try next time.

So I try to update with no optimization of battery. No difference with last time. Fun fact this time caffeine crash during the second part of the process :sweat_smile: so the update process take very longtime again.

Good news.

We all are aware of the Fingerprint lock feature issue in the official FairphoneOS Android 13 release and the cause for this.
I have discussed with the LineageOS team and they are fine to have the feature disabled. So yes, we will not be reverting this commit and fingerprint unlocking can be used on all 3rd party applications.

Thanks.

18 Likes

This is indeed good news indeed - thank you for your continuing support!

Nevertheless, security is important: Do you have plans to update the obsolete kernel to 5.x?

btw the update worked without any hiccups last time ^^

I did the 24.07.23 update yesterday. First Telegram was making problems. It wasn’t connecting anymore. I switched the slot, so I got the older version again. But it showed me a crossed-out globe in every app that has internet access. I think that means the firewall is blocking the internet access. So I switched back to the 24.07.23 version again by changing the slot. The problem remains the same. No more internet for me. Moble data and wifi is turned on.
If someone thinks I changed firewall setting. I did not! I don’t even know how to do it.

Per default there is no (outgoing) firewall. You might check in settings → apps whether data is allowed

I have searched the web and found an old information about blocked network access. That seems to be the solution. Every app has it’s network access blocked. So I have to set every app back. Is there no button to give every app access at once?
I have set back all app settings. I hope that helps.
The globe Icon

Maybe you got lucky. I have the same app crash with the update of 24th july.

Another question for the power of the community :wink:
I’d like to use an app from the munich S-Bahn company. After the last app update, it does not work any longer on LOS20. After an error report they replied they don’t support ROMs like LineageOS, which is an stupid answer on its own, IMHO, but probably something to expect from those companies
For anyone, who might have an idea, here the relevant logcat:

08-11 12:24:33.987  3711  3711 E TRACKING: No valid tracking library for Piwik
08-11 12:24:33.987  3711  3711 E TRACKING: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: de.hafas.tracking.PiwikUsageTracker
08-11 12:24:33.987  3711  3711 E TRACKING:      at java.lang.Class.classForName(Native Method)
08-11 12:24:33.987  3711  3711 E TRACKING:      at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:454)
08-11 12:24:33.987  3711  3711 E TRACKING:      at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:379)
08-11 12:24:33.987  3711  3711 E TRACKING:      at de.hafas.tracking.Webbug.initTrackers(ProGuard:18)
08-11 12:24:33.987  3711  3711 E TRACKING:      at de.hafas.app.HafasApplication.initialize(ProGuard:43)
08-11 12:24:33.987  3711  3711 E TRACKING:      at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:936)
08-11 12:24:33.987  3711  3711 E TRACKING: Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: de.hafas.tracking.PiwikUsageTracker
08-11 12:24:33.987  3711  3711 E TRACKING:      ... 18 more

Also, I’m not sure whether this might be an access problem, but I don’t see any avcs:

08-11 12:24:34.027  3711  3765 E SQLiteLog: (1) no such table: ticketuser in "SELECT * FROM ticketuser"
08-11 12:24:34.028  3711  3765 E SQLiteLog: (1) no such table: storage in "SELECT * FROM storage"
08-11 12:24:34.028  3711  3765 E SQLiteLog: (1) no such table: favorite in "SELECT * FROM favorite"
08-11 12:24:34.029  3711  3765 E SQLiteLog: (1) no such table: ticket_meta in "SELECT * FROM ticket_meta"
08-11 12:24:34.030  3711  3765 E SQLiteLog: (1) no such table: ticket in "SELECT * FROM ticket"
2 Likes

The first logs indicate missing library for Piwik. I don’t know if there is a connection with Matomo (formely Piwik) an open source web analytics application. Nor if its absence can block an application. Matomo – Wikipedia.

The second logs indicate some missing table in the SQLite database.

Edit : I don’t know if is this particular app but the report show the presence of Matomo (piwik). Maybe is’nt a bug related to lineageos but to the apps or maybe you have a app which block tracker. εxodus

1 Like

Probably, the second is a consequence of the first. And yes, for some reason that library cannot be loaded, but i don’t know which part is supposed to provide it, the rom, the app, or something in between…
Still, i consider it poor coding skill if the app does not crash or inform you, but starts a tight loop

1 Like

I edit my last response. Maybe you can try the app in a Android emulator or ask your entourage if experienced the same behavior on different version of android

Well, it works on stock android, but not on los. So probably the library is provided in a stock environment, but not on los (19.1 on pixel, and this version)

Mh just a small question. Does perhaps someone know how i can disable fast charging within LineageOS? is there a setting which i don’t see? Or are good apps on Fdroid who could do that? I wanna disable it in some situations to keep the battery more healthy.

I think it’s only possible if you’re rooted, or use a charging adapter with low amperege,e.g 500mA

yeah, do this already, but my new powerbank just like to rapidcharge my fp3 ^^v