Official LineageOS 19 for Fairphone 3/3+

I would say, scroll down on LOS4microG HP to the bottom and follow the how to report bug instructions, although I dont see a real issue (first 19.1 build is dd 28.06, so just around a week and I guess it needs a bit time to build the microG version+once a new version is available I assume also the LOS+microG team will stop working on the previous version). For further discussion around LOS4MicroG I think a new topic would be good, as the LOS developer do not develop the microG version as well, as far as I know.

Thank you, I wasn’t aware of the way these builds are created. So I guess it is just a matter of some extra time then.

I have been there and the instructions basically say “whatever happens, don’t report anything to us”, or at least this is how I understand it. If I can’t find anything else, I will just wait I guess.

Sorry if it is slightly off topic, but I couldn’t figure out a way to contact the LOS4MicroG-Team and the MicroG-builds are linked in the OP so I thought it fits good enough :smiley:

1 Like

Important

As part of Critical Chipset Bugs Open Millions of Android Devices to Remote Spying discussion, we need to take a big decision for LineageOS 19 on FP3 as well.

The only option in front of us is to disable this codec and drop all related proprietary components from the build. This is the solution adopted in stock OS as well.

I shall leave a poll open until next build to take a call.

• Drop the components
  • Keep it as it is

0 voters

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Do we really need an Apple codec?
Though, I’m not in steaming, so ymmv

To be honest, I have a bunch of ALAC files on the phone. However, ALAC is a lossless format, converting it bitperfect into another lossless format has no downsides and can be done by many free tools in no time. Sooo, no question for me, let’s get rid of it :yum:

2 Likes

Is this normal? I want to have nightlight, but not darkmode. But, darkmode always reenables itself again.

Hello (me again!),

I am having an issue setting up my Google work profile, and keep getting an error message that stops me proceeding:

“”

I have checked with the IT team at work and the phone is listed in their database of allowed devices, so seems to be glitch at this end, as the WiFi is working no problem :frowning:

Have you installed a Google Play Services package such as Mindthegapps?

I don’t know if it is possible to set up a Google work profile without one of these packages…

Thank you all for the response.

Changes are here: https://review.lineageos.org/q/Disable+ALAC+support+status:open and should be available for the next build.

2 Likes

Yes, sorry, forgot to mention that Google play services are installed.

Also, when I upgraded from 18 to 19 originally, the work profile was running fine.

Wasn’t until I wiped the phone and tried to set up work profile from scratch that it gets stuck.

I just sideloaded the current image and then the mindthegapps for 19.1. it worked as described in the wiki.
However, you are very correct, the design of Android 12 is crap and will take some time getting used to it…

Thanks to all the maintainers and contributors. You did a great job!

Anyone knows how to make the highlighting of keys pressed on the lock screen less noticeable or even disable it?
You can see the keys pressed miles away…

2 Likes

The only way to avoid problems was to randomize the order of the numbers on the lock screen to which i have to get used to…

Yes, I’m also using randomize. But the highlight effect is long enough that a bystander still can discern what is pressed… IMHO

I have 2 more updates to share:

@dk1978 and I will continue to validate this for a few more days before taking in these two changes.

Thanks.

10 Likes

Hello everybody, I updated from 18.1 recently with a full wipe. But after the fresh install VoLTE/4G calls and WIFI calling isn’t working anymore. Am I the only one with this problem?

Just updated from last weeks “edition” to current via OTA. While installing several google services crashed, and magisk did not want to start for patching the boot image afterwards. Had to do it manually afterwards.
But the boot went ok, and it seems all up to normal now

Hi and welcome. Which country and Network provider? Is it really not working or not showing in the status bar? Could you call *#*#4636#*#* and check via the three dots the IMS Status?

Thanks for the quick reply!
Country is germany with vodafone. When calling 4G switches off
IMS Status says not available and not registered

ok so can you provide your provider (like vodafone etc and country)? For me with Iode OS (which is mainly LOS) I have VoLTE but no VoWifi with O2 Germany. I think to compare and fix its good to compare networks.