Official LineageOS 19 for Fairphone 3/3+

Sorry forgot to add this, edited my answer!

1 Like

So I entered the menu again, did a reboot and now both VoLTE and Wifi calls is working.

Similar thing here. Many services crashed during the installation such as the phone app. I needed it for 2FA, so I immediately rebooted. I deleted the image, because it would not start the Installation again. After another download, the Installation completed without issues.

Same here. Downloaded the OTA update twice, did a reboot and now the OTA update process seems to work but is extremely slow. Stuck at 34% at ā€œfinishing package installationā€ for 30 minutes now. I did a clean install of 19.1 some days ago and everything was working fine. Maybe it is my relocked bootloader? As I remember there where some issues on LOS 18.1 with a relocked bootloader.

Edit: I only have MindTheGapps installed. No Magisk etc.

Hello.
Update to second release [lineage-19.1-20220704] lead to an error with weird percentage display and google play error messages during the process. But the reboot worked to the first release.
Now Iā€™m scared to start the update for the latest release via the Updater.
When Iā€™m doing it via sideload, do I have to install mindthegapps and magisk again?

Magisk you have to flash anyway (normally you do the ota, but do boot reboot, open the magisk app, select install to inactive slot, apply, and hit reboot here)
Mindthegapps, honestly, Iā€™m not sure. I think you donā€™t need it this time, but then, it cannot do any harm to (re) flash it (except for a possible downgrade of Google sw which updated automatically via play store)

I am on FP3+ + TWRP + 18.1 . Is there any known reason not to dirty flash 19.1 via TWRP from SD Card? Or is adb sideload suggested?

I could not resist, so I answer myself:

• Dirty Flash 19.1 over 18.1 using sideload
  • I do not use any gapps
  • rebooted into System
  • looked good
  • Rebooted into recovery, which is now LOS, deleted TWRP
  • flashed Magisk 25.1 via sideload
  • tested all apps and things looks pretty good, including AFWall+, Easer, OpenVPN, ā€¦

Really great work. Thank you!

1 Like

Again, many services were forced closed while installing ota, including magisk, which gave me an extra reboot cycle to flash a modified boot image
For the rest, everything went fine and Iā€™m on the current version

Again, I can confirm the behaviour. I rebooted again after pausing the update when too many services had crashed. After the reboot and restarting the update no services crashed and now everything is fine

1 Like

Just curious. One can just pause, reboot and continue ? Is it that stateless? Amazing

After clean flashing the July 11 build, the July 18 OTA took quite some time but went smooth.

Am I alone in seeing some signs of zappier performance?

Well, I am not sure it is supposed to work. The update failed when I tried to continue it after the reboot and I had to restart it completely.

1 Like

I did a dirty flash from 18.1 to 19 and the good news are no dramatical technical isssues so far. So thumps up and well done!

There is just one constant thing which was a problem in the old version (18.1) and is still a problem in the new version (19). Please do me a favor and fix the audio problem - one of my headsets seems to be already broken because of this issue. Even on lowest audio settings during a phone call the inbuild main speaker (not the earpiece speaker that one is fine) is so damn loud that I have the fear that it gets broken one day (or my ears) - same problem occurs when Iā€™m using a headset. Please please please do me a favor and fix this. Thanks a lot!

After two days of usage, itā€™s possible youā€™re rightā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Has anyone found a LOS19 Micro-G version anywhere? The link only provides files for 18.

Iā€™ve tried building one myself, since so far there seems to be no download available. But after the build failed after running for 2:20 h I kinda had enough. Maybe Iā€™ll have another look at it some time in the future.

Yeah I settled for dirty upgrading when they published a 19 build.

However since I am reinstalling everything anyway, I was thinking of sticking with the LOS 19 recovery image. Which leads to a ā€œdowngradeā€ warning when sideloading the MicroG LOS 18 version.
Would anyone know if I can flash the new recovery without loosing all the data when moving to 19 later as well?

The maintainer on github said to check back around 27/07, something was causing build errors and hopefully should be fixed in the next round of builds

4 Likes

For those who are waiting for a LOS4microG-build (like me), the missing build is discussed here. The maintainer doesnā€™t seem to have time to fix the build-errors and didnā€™t respond for quite some time, so I guess we are stuck on 18.1 for a while.

3 Likes