Official LineageOS 18.1 for Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+

Hello!

Thank your very much for porting LOS for our beloved FP3. <3
Is it possible to keep all system settings and apps with a seedvault backup after a wipe?

My builds are somewhat customized. Including MicroG, f-droid, signed with my own signature, pulling updates from my own OTA server. So I donā€™t know if it would be suitable for you :sweat_smile: If you want to try it: sure! But I canā€™t give you any assurance and you probably will not be able to update from my build to some other build. Downloads for my builds are here: https://build.fnordkollektiv.de

1 Like

Including MicroG and F-Droid? Man, this sounds like a dream! Thank you

Could you share a docker image to build it ourselves with MicroG and signature spoofing? :wink:

My fork of the MicroG docker stuff is here:

Just look at the build_lineage4fnord.sh and adjust the paths of the mounted volumes to a directory in your home.

Oh, and in the manifests folder you need a xml file with the following content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="lineageos4microg/android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks" path="prebuilts/prebuiltapks" remote="github" revision="master" />
</manifest>
2 Likes

Great, thanks a lot. Maybe at the weekend Iā€™ll try to build my first LOS :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any news on the auto brightness issue? :slight_smile:

Hi,

Bluetooth are now working :smiley:

But:

• auto brightness (going crazy, often brighthess == NULL; manuelly setting will overwrite)
  • GPS dosnt work either (at least my navi, sygic)

Tested on upgraded 18.1 form last week
Gapps v. 07.08.21

2 Likes

Just upgraded from 17.1 to 18.1. After flashing Magisk with LineageOS recovery, LineageOS is constantly crashing while restarting.

Try Magiks after TWRP.
I know vanilla recovery sucks >.<

I tried both - LOS recovery and TWRP. The result is the same: LOS crashes while restarting.

I just made the update by following the instructions on the lineageOS how-to-upgrade page for the FP3. Iā€™m scared now because it was painless and no new gray hair. Just sideloaded LOS and opengapps. After the reboot I rebootet to sideload again to flash magisk.
My phone is running Android 11 with gapps and it is rooted. That was too easy. Updates canā€™t be so easy.

2 Likes

hmh ok, thatā€™s strange. The only difference I see is that I donā€™t use gApps. The LOS boot animation hangs as soon as the FP3 usb connection to my computer is (somehow) established. Although the phone is not yet visible as storage device.
After a few seconds, the boot animation disappears and the display stays black.

Thatā€™s scary! I wonā€™t update until this is resolved!

I tried to update my Fairphone 3 from 17.1 to 18.1 using these instructions : Upgrade LineageOS on FP3 | LineageOS Wiki.
I had no issue flashing Lineageos 18.1 and Opengapps pico : the phone booted just fine at this point.
I then decided to reinstall Magisk using these instructions : Installation | Magisk. It basically consists in patching the boot.img then flashing the patched image (called magisk_patched-23000_l4vII.img) to the boot partition. Lineageos got stuck on boot animation because of this manipulation.
To make the phone boot again, I rebooted to fastboot (pressing power + volume down), then flashed the original boot.img, which made the phone boot again normally.

All this is a bit strange, because I tried installing Magisk using the boot image patching procedure as well, and I had no problems. One question - how did you extract the boot image? One way to get it would be to extract it from the LineageOS OTA zip.

Thatā€™s what I exactly did.
The sha256sum of the boot.img I extracted is :
b2796460a1b4c03ae1ed48002af14e8a4cb0644dd50590f803b7c1ab146c55b4
if that can be useful to compare with yours.
I flashed the image using fastboot flash boot_b boot.img
I use Magisk 23.0 by the way.
I didnā€™t exactly follow the upgrade instructions from Upgrade LineageOS on FP3 | LineageOS Wiki since I couldnā€™t run adb root because I got that error message :
ADB Root access is disabled by system setting - enable in Settings -> System -> Developer options". Apart from that, I applied the instructions.

With the difference, that I did not try to use OpenGapps.

Same here. I installed LOS with the upgrade instructions (after backing up the most important stuff) and then installed gapps (pico) and no magisk.
The usual apps and functions seem to be working.
The backup process took longer than the installation.
Thanks to everyone involved for the work on the 18.1. It is highly appreciated!

I donā€™t use OpenGapps either but facing the same issue that @clemsys has.
First I tried the direct method with flashing the zip-file with both (TWRP & LOS) recoveries but that causes LOS to hang while booting.

Now I tried the other method with patching boot.img using the Magisk app.

I have the same sha256sum:

b2796460a1b4c03ae1ed48002af14e8a4cb0644dd50590f803b7c1ab146c55b4

I did the same. First I tried fastboot flash boot but later also fastboot flash boot_a and fastboot flash boot_b

The result is always the same: LOS get stucked while booting the system.