Official LineageOS 18.1 for Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+

https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_fairphone_sdm632/+/314448 fixup! FP3: Enable CONFIG_SERIAL_MSM_SMD

This hopefully fixes the issue.

8 Likes

Hello,

I build for myself LineageOS 18.1 for my Fairphone 3+ phone

The build is completed successfully, and i did run the following commands:

$ breakfast FP3 user

$ mka target-files-package otatools

$ sign_target_files_apks -o -d user-keys $OUT/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/-target_files-.zip signed-target_files.zip

Then:

$ ota_from_target_files -k user-keys/releasekey --block --backup=true signed-target_files.zip lineageos-18.1-$(date +%Y-%m-%d)-UNOFFICIAL-FP3-user.zip

RuntimeError: VINTF compatibility check failed

Could anyone help me please, what is VINTF compatibility check ?, Why it happened with FP3 build ?

Thank You

Just built the ROM myself and upgraded without any problems while keeping the bootloader locked and not losing any data :slight_smile: very nice!

Bluetooth is broken for me as well, but @TeamB58 already posted the fix, so I hope that gets merged soon :slight_smile:

Thanks for your awesome work!

@MartiniMoe, did you just use the manual upgrade procedure (adb sideload) to achieve this?
Iā€™ll try out the upgrade on my locked FP3+ soon, doing so while keeping user data would be nice indeed :slight_smile:

Yes, I did it like described in the wiki: Upgrade LineageOS on FP3 | LineageOS Wiki
So, with adb sideload :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please share some error details so that I can help accordingly.

Yepā€¦ Thatā€™s fixing the issue :slight_smile:

Also, please let us know if there are any other issues currently(apart from auto brightness issue which we are aware of). We have time before the next official build and we can fix them before the next build.

Thanks,
TeamB58.

1 Like

I experienced the same. I believe this has now been fixed by https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_vendor_lineage/+/314458 - have not yet tried this myself though. EDIT: I confirm this solves the issue.

2 Likes

I confirm that fixes the bluetooth issue for me - thanks!

1 Like

@TeamB58 Iā€™m also missing my google-free Signal Messenger App ā€œLangisā€ which I installed through their f-droid-Repo. Reinstallation does not work because there are leftovers in /app/data/*.tmp

But I canā€™t remove the app because it is not there anymore. I did also try the app directly from open whisper Signal >> Signal Android APK . But without success. Same with the App from google playstore through Aurora Store.

I donā€™t know why signal did break. So far Iā€™m not missing any other apps. Luckily I have a daily backup. Any ideas? Maybe manually delete the leftovers? But how to install Magisk?

Is there anywhere the LOS18.1 built with working bluetooth? Is it possible to flash this and then switch back to the official weekly release?

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
Screenshot of fdroid Error installing langis

Screenshot of Aurora Error installing Signal

Thanks a lot to @dk1978 and @TeamB58 for making this possible!

(And thanks to the brave who tried it before I had the opportunity to install it, because I really need Bluetooth :wink: )

2 Likes

@TeamB58, @dk1978 - are there any plans to build the bootloader (lk) based on the recently published source code?

It would not only give us greater control over the bootloader, but also increased trust in it :slight_smile:

As far as I am aware of, LOS does not support building lk in tree because itā€™s not generic. But it can be done locally and the generated mbn file can be used.

I donā€™t know if we should do this. But if the users and @dk1978 agrees then I have no issues.

You mean, fresh install is not working? Leftovers in /app/data/*? Did you try removing it using adb shell? That should help remove anything.
The screenshot you have posted is showing that error because the source of the app is different(I mean, the signature is different).

Thanks,
TeamB58.

The patcher does not work on LOS 18.1 but there are some ideas how to overcome this problem for example with Riru, Riru LSP and finally FakGApps see: [MODULE/SYSTEM] NanoDroid 23.1.2.20210117 (microG, pseudo-debloat, F-Droid + apps) | Page 437 | XDA Forums

By the way LOS 18.1 for FP3 has disappeared will it come back during the week?

thank you, this works.
I have commented on the nanodroid patcher issue thread anyway, since having the patcher to work would be much easier and I think that the developer wants to know about such problems.
now Iā€™m only missing swipe libs that donā€™t stay installed on this version of android, for some reasons

I had it removed because I donā€™t want people running into the broken Bluetooth problem. I prefer to wait until the next build coming Monday/Tuesday and do some more thorough private testing. It may also give us the opportunity to work on things like the auto-brightness which appears to be broken as well.

6 Likes

Thank You, itā€™s been fixed.

I confirm too the issue is solved, I did a completed successfully signed build for my FP3+ phone.

Bless You all.

I am a bit confused.
How exactly can you fix the error now? Can I download the build from somewhere?

For now you can not download it :confused: Me and others built the rom themselfes. A download on the LineageOS website is expected for tuesday, if I got it right.

1 Like

Hi,

im using the ā€œregularā€ 18.1 from monday and i fond another bugs:

• After few hours Google play services will disappear.
  • Google Play store got another bug: wont remember ur account / let you dont go in :expressionless:

Pico Opengapps from 30.7

Regards

Building fails for me somehow. Would you be able to share the built zip file? Iā€™m curious and unpatient and donā€™t want to wait til Tuesday :sweat_smile: