Official LineageOS 18.1 for Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+

Hi,
this is not possible, I use 2.4 GHz channels only. But I can try to change, maybe it will be more stable on the other frequency range.
I wondered, cause on original fairphone software those problems did not occur… Seems to have something to do with lineage.

I tried 5 GHz now and could not even get in the network. Lineage seems to establish the network connection, but it doesn’t work…

There are several posts here in the forum, like e.g.

2 Likes

I’m on the October 25 build, for which the changelog says

318121: FP3: Allow user to adjust brightness down to 1 again | https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_fairphone_FP3/+/318121

I am using auto brightness and I like having an as-low-as-possible brightness in complete darkness, so I do support the change :grinning:.

I have the impression though that sometimes brightness is ‘stuck’ at the minimum level, especially at night (in low environmental light, but not complete darkness). I am currently forcing brightness upwards on the slider, let’s see if this ‘training’ works out!

Interested in hearing others about their experiences.

I am not sure if this is fixable by making changes to the driver. But for me (and I guess for others too) the light-sensors needs a lot of light pointing directly at the sensor to report more than 0. I assume that’s why there are no changes in brightness between a completely dark room and a room with some ambient-light.

1 Like

I don’t use Lineage so excuse my butting in but this does sound exactly like the default A10 0129 update problem.

1 Like

Checking with satstat my light sensor shows good reaction to changing lighting situation. I wouldn’t say it needs much light to react

I see, I guess it is just mine then. Maybe there is some variation from phone to phone, or I just have a bad sensor.

I have to admit that I have not seen the WiFi calling symbol on 18.1 for some time now…

I set it to 1G now and running for nearly 11 days just fine. Regarding my tests and your experience I’d say between 1G and 2G is the optimal value. Next reboot will try 1.5G

1 Like

Is there any news or any development at all regarding the NFC reader? I’m still unable to use it on the FP3+, neither reading my ID card nor using the phone for payments work.

I would ask you to open an issue on the official LOS site, link in the forum header. If the NFC reader works on the stock OS or /e/ then we will likely solve this.

Thank you for this information. I have long wondered why the app won’t work on LOS, this rootbeer seems to be a bit of a pest.

I don’t know if it works in /e/, but it works on iodé 2.1 (based on A11). At least I can use my yubikey via NFC for encrypting mails.

Done, see here: Unable to use NFC interface (#4132) · Issues · LineageOS / issues / android · GitLab

I’m also starting to get warning messages about having a rooted device, although I’ve never rooted this particular device. I installed LineageOS, OpenGApps pico, and relocked the bootloader. E.g., the official german Corona notification app complains about root.

1 Like

I assume the App detects a custom ROM and just names it incorrectly as root…however there is a fork available in F-Droid which should work Corona Contact Tracing Germany | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

1 Like

Also, i opened an issue on cwa’s git repo asking to be able to acknowledge the message for good which resulted in a feature request from the team itself. So, it may be able to deactivate that popup in the near future

Thanks, but at least for me personally, the false positive root detections are not really an issue. I just mentioned them to give an additional data point for the discussion of the issue above.

1 Like

Hi together,
some posts above I complained about wifi-crashes which happen all the time while I am connected. I think I found out the reason for that.
It seems to have something to do with 5 GHz. If I disable my 5GHz wifi with the same SSID, the crashes do not happen any more. If I rename the 5GHz band to a seperate SSID, I can’t connect to that network - only to the 2.4GHz one.

That’s a bit odd,

• does it show
  • what frequency band do you have the phone set to?
    Settings > Network and Internet > Wi-Fi >Wi-Fi preferences > Advanced > Wi-Fi frequency band

Sorry my Settings are for default A10