English

Noisy coloured pixels on my Fairphone 2

touchscreen
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fefc8d07db0>

Hi all,

Unfortunately I have the same problem since Monday. My FP2 froze when I added a contact. Rebooting gave first only a black screen, later on the famous noise or snow appeared. The phone is still working however, it can be charged and turned off and on. The upper right led does function.

Because I was travelling I only removed the screen today and cleaned the connectors with a dry whipe. Unfortunately it didn’t help. When bending the screen (as suggested earlier in the thread) some changes in the screen appeared (see picture), but still only noise and snow.

It crashed one week after I entered the Philippines, maybe the humidity or heat played a role? I also added a local sim one week before it crashed.

Do you have any tips for either cleaning the connectors again (or with alcohol?) or for how to best bend the screen to make it work again?
I really hope it’s not the motherboard. It’s very inconvenient.

Any tips how to back-up data from the phone without a functioning screen are also welcome.

Many thanks in advance!

I am having the same Problem.

I just tried another Screen-module but it showed the exact samt pixel-Screen as before.
So this can definitely be ruled out.

Same problem here. Replacing the display with another (working, of ym wife) did not help. Cleaning contacts neither.
What helped a bit was pressing the Phone, back cover off, between my fingers on it’s right side, approx 5cm from the upper edge, from back to front. There is a point where after a few presses the display sprang back to normal function again. Sometimes the display worked,but no touch screen. after a few presses more, the touchscreen worked too. Su I suppose it’s a connection problem too. A 380,- repair isn’t an option here, as I am out of warranty already…

I did the “paper trick” - and for now it works.

I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but using a non-slim, “fat” cover reduces the chance of the screen going wild, in my experience. Probably because it’s less rigid due to the rubber bumper. But you need to find one that didn’t get screwed…