New slim back cover

It seems that selling the upper and lower part sepetately could be an interesting option to potential buyers :wink:

17 Likes

That is a great idea, but last time we discussed this, our logistics manager almost fainted… :wink:

@werner_noebauer Something like this?

10 Likes

I don’t want happen that at all! But couldn’t be too difficult if he can order it separately from the manufacturer?

I actually think it’s more fun when (preferably local) Fairphoners get together to swap rims! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

In Austria we already plan a rimswapping event! :wink:

6 Likes

I think rim swapping and module exchanges could become a real trend in 2017.
Also a very romantic thing to do with Valentins day <3

8 Likes

Organ donation gets a new meaning… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

Nice idea and really great for big places with many FP users - not really practical for anyone living outside of Europe’s capitals, though… :sob:

5 Likes

I have a question for who already has a new slim cover: does it feel as solid and protective as the old one?
The new cover looks great and less bulky than the old one, however something I like of the old one is that it really substitutes a protective case.
Would you say the same of the slim cover?
I’m thinking about getting one, but I do not want to trade protection for design!

2 Likes

Just love the new ‘Slim Cases’ and made some pics of them… free for use, of course.
My ‘test’ is available here: https://www.warmekueche.at/2017/01/10/hurray-die-neuen-fair-cases-sind-da/

Best wishes from a proud Fairphone-User from Austria - Fairphone rockz! :heart_eyes:

16 Likes

Thank you very much, especially for the regular case blue vs. slim case turquoise comparison. :slight_smile: Und das Leckerste hast Du ja bis zum Schluss hier aufgehoben :wink:
(And the tastiest you saved for last)

It’s my pleasure… :wink:
Comparison pics are sometimes handy…
And… haha… I think you mean the recipes? If so, thanks a lot. :blush:
Have been doing the warmekueche.at for 13 years now and still collecting.
Best wishes/Liebe Grüße
Wolfgang

In this case I was referring to the final picture :angel: Looks like it was a chrome letters on a classic Chrysler (like the ones they still drive in Cuba).

2 Likes

Yup… The letters were done absolutely professional.
And it is so important to gain attraction to others… To spread the thought!

2 Likes

Thank you very much! The pictures are very helpful and appealing!

What about the everyday experience? Does the new cover feel as solid and protective as the old one?

2 Likes

…why not in black?..
:disappointed:

2 Likes

My personal feeling: the surface is ‘rougher’ than the old one, that was more slick. So the grip is better for me. I can’t tell about the protectivness (thank god haven’t dropped it yet :slight_smile: )
But generally speaking the Fairphone looks and feels much more elegant with the new case. Love it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“rougher” is a good the description, comparing the old cover with the new one.

I would say the old covers might protect the phone a little bit better, because 2 cover parts from the new one have more possible places where water or dirt can enter.
I have not dropped my FP2 (with the new cover) but I think its still a good protection.

And (in my opinion) my FP2 looks less bulky and much more elegant with the new cover. I guess that it is just a matter of time until new colors will be available. Even it would be very heavy I would vote for a metall backcover as the FP1 had :wink:

4 Likes

Hi Douwe,

to combine the coverparts as you can mix other things would be great. But I totally understand your logistics manager that it is getting more complicated if you start selling the parts seperatly :wink:

Regarding the covers I have some more ideas:

• outdoor and waterresistant (if that is possible) version*
  • “retro” version - metal backcover as FP1 had
  • “art” and charity version (as I wrote you)

EDIT: * the first design of the FP2 cover is the outdoor version to me :wink:

5 Likes

A metal cover would be gorgeous albeit I think, that the production is of course more complicated and therefore the price might be noticably higher due to the production quantity…
But I would definately buy it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes