Just got an idea, don’t know if it has already been mentioned in this forum, but I don’t think so.
It’s a combination of #rimswapping and button swapping.
And it might give the customers more choice, while avoiding the Fairphone logistic manager fainting like selling front and back of the slim cover seperately:
@Douwe How about selling buttons in different colours seperately (maybe more colours than black and blue, like yellow, red and white?) or delivering the covers with a spare set of buttons in the other colour. This way there “only” would have to be produced twice as much buttons, which should be doable for a reasonable extra charge. Although it would obviously result in a little bit more “waste” produced, the possibility to individualize your phone (one might swap buttons individually) could outweigh that.
#Would You like buttons in different colour for your FP2?
- Yes, buttons in different colours should be sold extra
- Yes, buttons in different colours should be included in the cover/ship with the phone
- No, just keep it the way it is. No extra buttons necessary.
#If Yes …
- The available colours (black and blue) are sufficient.
- Make it more colourful (e.g. red, white etc.)