New Fairphone.com now live! Share your feedback

Can you move the navigation bar at the right side slightly further down? The moderator’s wrench at the top is partly covered by the top bar while there is still a lot of space beneath the navigation bar:

2 Likes

German tutorials are still missing at https://www.fairphone.com/en/support/tutorials-overview/

1 Like

Hi, I noticed some broken links, not sure whether this happened during the update or is intended:

All the links to files on the page with the CAD files for the FP1 cases are broken. Instead of linking to the files, they just link to the shop.

Is fixed, thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The RSS feed seem to be working fine now.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not a big deal, but it looks like headers in the first line of posts are slightly off:

2 Likes

This one is from Firefox 49.0.1:

The title is behind the category tag.

The number emojis are broken:

And the family too… :frowning:

1 Like

On the Dutch-language front page (https://www.fairphone.com/nl/) I clicked “Forum” in the footer of the page, and it leads me to https://forum.fairphone.com/nl, a page which obviously doesn’t exist.
The link at the top of the page via “Community” is working fine, only in the footer it is having a problem.

2 Likes

Some fixes have been made to the forum.
Emoji’s still don’t all work, but most other things shouldv’e been fixed by now.

If you see anything (still) broken on the forum, please let me know.

Thnx!

2 Likes

Topic Title and “Phone Story Community” are still in the same line, so almost all Topic Titles are shortened to the point where it’s hard to decipher what they mean.

3 Likes

Link to the forum on the footer of the Dutch page has been fixed, thanks!

2 Likes

This appears to have the wrong Dutch translation on it:
https://shop.fairphone.com/nl/reserve-onderdelen/fairphone-2-bottom-module

The description text on the right reads (in Dutch):
"De oren en ogen van je telefoon

De boven-module heeft alles wat je nodig hebt om een kristalhelder telefoontje te plegen; de ontvanger, hoofdtelefoon-aansluiting, en de ruis-onderdrukkende microfoon. Het bevat ook de LED, omgevingslicht- en nabijheidssensor (ALS/PS). En, niet op de minste plaats, een 2-megapixel voorzijde-camera voor de selfie-momentjes.

Je kan deze module makkelijk zelf vervangen met een standaard Phillips #0 schroevendraaier, maat PH0. Deze module is aangeduid als FP-REC01."

When switching to the English language shop, the same part is described as:
"he voice of your phone

The bottom module contains the speaker, vibration motor, USB connector and primary microphone of your Fairphone 2. Share your music across the room with built-in, rear-facing speakers. All components are clearly labeled.

You can easily replace this module yourself using a standard Phillips #0 screwdriver, size PH0. This module is marked as FP-SPK01."

A feature that I dislike very much, is that the forum has overloaded the control-F function. Pressing control-F does not let you search on the page, but it opens a widget that searches the entire forum.
Very unintuitive and it breaks standard browser behavior.

1 Like

Workaround: Press control-F twice.
Note that not all posts in a topic are loaded by default - the browser’s search will only find text in the loaded posts.

7 Likes

Here is the explanation from Discourse*'s co-founder:

*Discourse is the forum software the Fairphone forum runs on.

5 Likes

Thank you, also to @Johannes.
I see that I misinterpreted the behavior. The widget does not search the forum but it searches the current topic. So in essence it fixes the control F function that was broken by the progressive loading of posts.

I’m happy with it now…

The blue matte/transparent classic case is no longer listed?

1 Like

This appears to be intentional (as in, classic blue and classic blue-transparent are discontinued - also note that the classic cases are now made from another material.). For the ongoing discussion about the new cases see the topic linked below (if you click through, there’s a mini-summary in quotes):

1 Like

While the font of the main text in Support articles has been improved (it’s still a bit tougher to read than before the makeover), the “Related articles” box font is still giving quite a headache when displayed in (from left to right in the below screenshot) Firefox, Opera and Chrome. It’s somewhat ok (like the main text font) in Safari. (MacOS 10.11.6)