New Fairphone.com now live! Share your feedback

Please allow users to attach files other than images to the forum posts. I find this limitation a real annoyance. For security reasons this feature should be limited to images and archives and it could be limited to regular users.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I’d like that.
What’s to stop people from sharing malware or illegal stuff that way and who would test that? As a moderator I’d probably feel obligated to test such archives, but I don’t really want that risk.

2 Likes

I agree with that in principle and I have solved my file sharing problem by using Github Gist. Having turned into a “regular” today I was just thinking about a feature that would probably support those who are regularly active here.

4 Likes

Me too. I can’t even find a link to the RSS feed anymore on the page. It was quite convenient in conjunction with Firefox’s dynamic bookmarks. I’d like to have the feature back.

2 Likes

It seems to still be at https://fairphone.com/blog/feed/
But it’s been posting some of the older topics in non-chronological order (ok, maybe in the order of last edit - but originally it only posted each item once in the order of original date of appearance)

My feed reader (Flym) says the XML is not well-formed, :confused:

Opening the feed in Firefox via Bookmarks > Subscribe to This Page… doesn’t work. There should be a dialogue where I can save the feed, but instead there is only an “Open this file”-dialogue.

1 Like

There is another issue with the blog:

When I sort by “All”, a lot of blog entries are excluded: https://fairphone.com/en/category/all/

Also the blog search is pretty useless: https://fairphone.com/?s=software&type=blog No results at all…

Well, my previous post was “signaled by community” and hidden… because i was asking if it was possible to switch back to previous CSS style of the forum ?

Have i offended someone? It was not my intention.

However, i still don’t understand how it is possible to not fix basic CSS bugs (like column/row width) in 15 days while it could be fixed within hour. It is just unprofessional.

Hi, I’m in touch with the developers - they are working on a rebuild of forum styling tomorrow.
Thursday morning I have a meeting with Douwe to see if what they did solves most of the issues and we can continue with the new style.

Otherwise we will revert to default styling of discourse until we fully resolved the major issues.

Sorry for the trouble. @alexisju I understand your frustration and I hope we’ll solve it soon.

3 Likes

(For me it’s not that frustrating…)

2 Likes

(Glad to know it…)

Do more people have the ‘Phone Story Community’ links overlap with the topic title when you scroll down? In Firefox, the ‘Community’ link even ends up on top of the posts. Screenshots below (click to show).

Firefox
Chromium </details
8 Likes

Yes, I have exactly the same issue since today.

Everyone saw this monumental css bug today.

Not them…

:sob:

Is this the new forum style?
In my browser (Lightning on FP2) the font size is so big that that imo the threads become difficult to read, too much scrolling required.
I would favor a smaller font size (like before) much more.

Edit: the (latest) topics overview is even worse: I can only see 4 topics at a time w/o scrolling. Before it was at least seven.

@Douwe The event submission form (at the bottom of the page) is missing. I’d be glad if it was available again soon as I’m about to finalize our next pub meeting. :smile:

On the same page, the “Get involved” link in the dark grey bar at the top leads nowhere.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know @urs_lesse. The form is fixed now.
The menubar issue is reported and should be fixed soon.

Looking forward to your pub meeting!!!

2 Likes

Font size on overview pages (latest, new, unread etc.) was decreased, now 6 - 8 topics are visible again w/o scrolling. Thanks for fixing!

The new / counter “bubbles” and the category tags (FP2 help, DIY, Community etc.) now sometimes have varying positions, but imo that’s a minor flaw.

This is fixed, but I don’t like that the topic title gets truncated now. Unfortunately I cannot think of a way to display the full title and the top navigation bar…

3 Likes