My FP3: 3 years and counting

I just realized the first FP3s have recently reached their third birthday mark. The Fairphone 3 was launched in Berlin and Amsterdam in late August 2019, and while I haven’t found the exact date when the first devices reached their paying customers, I think it was certainly before October 2019.

I’m an FP3+ owner (my device only turns 3 y.o. in March or April 2024 :wink: ) , but those of you whose FP3 has now turned three, feel free to show up here and say so. @moderators please grant the new 3 years of Fairphone 3 badge to whoever qualifies. From what I remember, it was once agreed that this is the minimum age that these longevity badges should require.

Update:

The badge is here. Join the club if your FP3 is three years old! :slight_smile:

And if you want, you can also cast your vote on how your FP3 has fared so far:

12 Likes

I actually have no idea how to create a badge.
Can a moderator create a badge?

1 Like

Admins can create badges. I’ve added the 3 years FP3 badge.

6 Likes

my phone will be three in a week, it was bought as an FP3 but then was upgraded to 3+, and I really like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

My FP3 will be 3 in a couple of weeks - Invoice date: Oct 30, 2019.

1 Like

Just a note and not designed to spoil the party and well done, I’ve another year to go on my FP3+

But and here is the spoiler! The upgrades of cameras etc do not make an FP3 an FP3+ as the FP3+ has a slightly update core module.

2 Likes

I got my FP3 end of October 2019 so it should be 3 years old now as well. Before I had a FP1 which was more than 5 years old :sweat_smile:
My FP3 is running /e/ (have no Google account any more) and I am satisfied with the phone and the OS. Everything works fine and even the battery is still good, it can easily last for a couple of days.
So I guess 2-3 more years should be possible.

4 Likes

My FP dates from October 2019, and was upgraded to + in September 2020. Still working OK :grinning: :grinning:

4 Likes

1 Like

Invoice August 27th, idk when I received it. Must have been around this time of the year. Can just remember they became stock in local Telekom and Mobilcom Debitel shops prior to the preorders being distributed completely.

2 Likes

Is certainly true. However the camera modules were more important to me :wink:

Hi all, ordered one of the first batch, more than 3 years ago. Replaced battery this summer, it still runs fine.

3 Likes

I recieved the invoice for my Fairphone 3 on 29th of August 2019 and received my phone on 9th December 2019.

1 Like

Hi, for my part : I received my FP3 the 06/11/2019.

It’s on /e/os after 2 years and still working fine.
I will try to keep it as long as possible.

3 Likes

3 years with my FP3. I don’t feel it is like a record but I would like to get the badge :slightly_smiling_face:

I hope it works for at least one more year. It feels like slow sometimes.

2 Likes

I’m using my Fairphone 3 for 3 years now, too.

If it isn’t a particular App itself that runs slowly, you could in general check how full the storage is or consider a factory reset or an install from scratch.

1 Like

You’re a bit late. Your first FP3 post was already on 6th of November… :rofl:

Today my FP3 has its third birthday!
The cameras have been upgraded, and it’s running lineageos more or less since the beginning!

3 Likes

I have received my FP3 at the end of october 2019. Last year (I think) upgraded back camera and during holiday I plan to change battery. But I plan to hold it at least another 2 years :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Hi! I have received mine 3 years ago too… and, not without a few problems, it’s still working :muscle:

4 Likes