My FP2: 3 years and counting

Ah, we collect badges here yeah? Bought mine in april 2016, so I guess my Fairphone is now also 3-and-a-bit years old. Modifications:

• Replaced the bottom module 3 times as the microphone kept breaking. The current bottom module lasted over a year,
  • Replaced the battery roughly every year, as stability becomes a huge issue as the battery wears with multiple reboots a day before the 19.11.02 OS update,
  • Replaced the case three times, two malfunctioning flex-cases, and one malfunctioning hard-shell case (cracks in the bottom corners).

Not perfect, and I can tell the screen is getting quite bad (coloured stains in several areas) but it’s still running absolutely fine and better with every software update!

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: My FP2: 4 years and counting

Here is another 3y happy user. I got mine before X-mas 2016. Running Fairphone Open ever since.

I am very happy with it, the battery gets a bit weak now but it still lasts 1 day with little usage and even more when kept for just being called.

Changes up to now: the back case. The first had the known issue that it bent at the buttons but I had decided to buy the transparent case because of its great design anyway. The moment I had it in my hands I realized it would not last long, too hard and brittle plastics and I got a free replacement much later-on, when it started to break into pieces. The new cover is in blue.

I am still using the 1st camera. For doing really nice pictures, I have a separate camera.

My intention is to keep it at least until its 5th birthday, so another 2 years to go. There are now first pure Linux phones in development, that would be a great solution for privacy. By then, hopefully these solutions will be mature and even more hopefully they will also provide fair devices.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I feel like I’m running behind. I got my refurbished FP2 in July 2017. If you’re still handing them out, could I have a 3 year badge please :blush:?

‘One of the First 17,418’. New battery about 9 months ago. Back cover now has a few cracks, but has saved the phone after a couple of drops!

Otherwise, no issues. Upgraded both camera modules. LineageOS 17.1. Looking forward to a few more years :partying_face:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I got mine refurbished in June 2019, I think I now qualify for that badge :wink:

2 Likes