I have something similar, so I post here.
My FP1 is suddenly getting extremely unstable and irreliable.
- Fennec no longer runs, crashes on start. Using Icecat now instead
- Öffi crashed yesterday on start. Rebootet, ran again.
- Opened a mail in K9 today, the whole device froze. Reboot stalled at the “FAIRPHONE” screen.
- Got into recovery mode (volume up+power on)
- recovery boot: “Keine Befehle” (no commands)
- decided to do factory reset, therefore, chose “user data backup”
- it reported to make a backup, then again, nothing
- typed the power button again
- then, suddenly, it turned into “Systemaktualisierung”, running for appr 2 hours
- then, again “kein befehl”
- then, back in (text screen mode) menu, displaying:
Error: read error (8 times)
Error: write error
Error: Short write
Update: Did a factory reset. After boot, stalled on the “FAIRPHONE” screen again.