LineageOS 14.1 with OTA updates for FP2

A post was merged into an existing topic: Using LineageOS on the FP2

@snevas thanks for the explanation. Update went smoothly.

Indeed, as @darioce said, after restart, booting takes up to five times as long as usual.

Second boot was back to normal time.

4 Likes

The longer boot time is to be expected because Android is “collecting certs” after they have changed / on the first boot.

3 Likes

Hello !
Does that means all the (current and future?) changes of chrmhoffmann are automatically merged into the WeAreFairphone repository, or this somehow is a process done manually by an admin?
Chris released a new release yesterday (lineage_FP2-ota-2017-06-14.zip), could I get the new features with the OTA Lineage Updater process described here?

Thank you for your work,
Olivier

It’s a manual process; we want to be able to check each commit that comes into the WAF-repo’s. But we are up to speed now and there is a build currently running: https://fp2.joutubes.nl/jenkins/job/FP2-LineageOS14.1/11/consoleFull

So if you check the updater in a few hours there will be a update with all the recent changes Chris made.

9 Likes

OTA update (20170615) available with Chris’ latest kernel patches:

(use Lineage updater in stead of the above link)

4 Likes

My questions about this might to be more suited on the dummy post but because I already have OpenGapps installed, does your comment mean I would be reinstalling it? Also, what does that mean for app data for apps downloaded from the play store?

Thanks

When updating this release it’ll preserve OpenGapps, so no need to re-flash anything. Only the updater is necessary. Also all app data is preserved. (This is because OpenGapps adds a addon.d-script which LineageOS runs during updates)

When installing this release for the first time, you do need to queue Gapps when you want it.

5 Likes

The OTA update went smooth.
This is really great work.
Thank you so much!

Wow, great! Update went smoothly :grinning:

I can confirm that WiFi Hotspot does actually work now!

3 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Using LineageOS on the FP2

I have installed LineageOS 14.1 today following the steps in the first post and so far I am quite impressed. Thanks to all who made this happen!

Since I used an encrypted data partition on FP Open I had to do an additional step: A factory reset and wiping the data partition wasn’t sufficient. Only after formatting the data partition I was able to boot into the new system. @snevas Maybe it makes sense to add this info to the first post?

1 Like

Changed it :slight_smile: thanks!

@snevas I would format the data partition only in case the data partition was encrypted before (because the current LineageOS version is not able to decrypt the data partition). In all other cases a factory reset may be sufficient (and has the advantage that the data on that partition will not be deleted).

I have installed the latest build OTA. But the automatic (daily) check of the updater notifies me of a new version, that is already installed.
Do you have the same behaviour?

I get the same behaviour on official LineageOS devices like Moto G and Moto E (I’m still running FP Open in my FP2).

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Using LineageOS on the FP2

I moved this topic to #software:dev because it attracted issues that should go to

Please discuss everything that is not related to OTA updates there.

1 Like

Amazing job, thanks a lot :smiley:

If there are new developments regarding OTA updates, you can contact me and I will open the topic again. Otherwise the topic will open automatically by the start of next week.