Lineage 17.1 - FP2

You got an issue accessing a certain IP address at a specific time. For GMS devices it is usually Google DNS AFAIR. Dunno standard setting of LOS 17.1.

I also noticed that WiFi search (advanced localization) is always on after a reboot, even if you switch it off.

I canā€™t confirm that behaviour here.

Sry for that stupid question (it is the first time i used Lineage OS).
Can I or even have I to delete the earlier versions after I updated to version 20200605?

I have just done the update to 20200612, but I still have a problem with the stock clock app, due to it is uncomfortable and not logical how to set it up to make it not playing the notification sound on alarms and display the alarm on the screen anyway.

To get it, I had to do the following in notification settings for the app in category Fring alarms & timers:
Notification must be switched on and the notification sound for it must also be switched on (otherwise the display stays off during alarm).
Pop up on display must be switched on.
On Tone I selected without tone.

The issue that Settings > Security > Screen lock > Lock after screen timeout has no effect still remains in this update.

2 Likes

Yes you can.
In the updater page tap on the three dots in the top right corner. Then select Preferences. There you can select to ā€œDelete updates when installedā€ (Iā€™d recommend to activate that).

Updated to todayā€™s version, had the mobile data issue again, installed the latest modem files again and it was fine after a reboot. Then I dared another reboot and since then the issue persists. Even another flashing of the modem files couldnā€™t repair it. So my previous success story obviously was based on a system that didnā€™t require a reboot until then. Otherwise everything is fine with that latest version again as far as I can tell.

OSes nowadays check if internet is available inmediatly after connecting successfully to a network by accessing a specific address, as @Amber mentioned. In Android, thatā€™s a Google IP.

If thatā€™s not working for you (because you use a firewall, for example) and that annoys you (some apps may refuse to work), then you can disable that system-wide by running $ adb shell settings put global captive_portal_mode 0 with your phone connected via USB and ADB enabled in Developer Settings. Note that this disables the captive portal login for public Wi-Fi networks.

7 Likes

After I updated to 20200612 my phone is not usable anymore. The pixel launcher app stops repeatedly, so i have no access to the menue and the settings anymore. I have to downgrade.

And from the beginning the speaker did not work. With earspeakers all is fine, but the phone speaker did not work.

is it actually being worked on? who knows?

Steven

2 Likes

Well, the issue has not been accepted, or even acknowledged/commented, so I guess if it would be corrected, it would be as a side effect of another correctionā€¦

at least the issue that is linked in the issue you mentioned was marked as resolved in 20200613 and with lineageos-20200619-nightly for FP2 the issue seems to be gone for meā€¦

Recently I am getting the notification from Android-System ā€œWifi watchdog triggered Wifi fixed after restartā€ - whatā€™s up with that?

I had issues staying connected to the wifi (which is this issue I think) which seems better now. But the notification doesnā€™t seem right?

Hi. Since I removed OpenGapps by wiping the system partition and reinstalling the operating system, GPS is not working anymore.

Locating in OsmAnd has worked once. I rode my bike and after about 20 minutes it found a position. Since then, the determination of the location in OsmAnd and Google Maps has been unsuccessfulā€¦

Iā€™ve installed the latest build: lineageos-20200619-nightly for FP2

Iā€™m not completly sure, but think without GApps the FP only uses GPS to search for location which I would say is always slower and depends a lot on where you are.

MicroG Unified Network Location Provider (UnifiedNlp) is a library that provides Wi-Fi- and Cell-tower-based geolocation to applications that use Googleā€™s network location provider.

Not sure if installing this could help and its not 100% working yet on LOS 17.1 I thinkā€¦

Overall here are already several issues reported regarding location not working properlyā€¦one of the reasons why Iā€™m back on LOS16 for the time being .probably the fact that you deinstalled Gapps has nothing to do with this and it is just a coincidence?

1 Like

This change Telephony: Add option for using regular poll state for airplane mode included in lineage-17.1-20200626-nightly-FP2-signed.zip did also not fix this issue for me.

I confirm youā€™re right (Iā€™m the main maintainer of the installer you linked)

3 Likes

One observation on WiFi: Since I updated to 17.1 I had large issues with my Home WiFi.
After few minutes of using WiFi, it just stopped working and I could not access anything anymore - but the WiFi icon stayed the same at full signal. I had to disable and enable WiFi to get it back working, but then it would stop after another minute or two.
Now I switched from my 5Ghz WiFi to my 2.4Ghz WiFi and the issues completely went away.
This behavior was the same for the last ā€¦ 4 builds I tried, and for both modem files.
Maybe someone could look into thatā€¦?
Cheers :slight_smile:
taurui

1 Like

Can someone confirm that Bluetooth on/off doesnā€™t make a difference in terms of RF off?
In the thread about the German Corona tracing app someone noticed that sending beacons doesnā€™t work with FPOS on the FP2, so I tried with the latest LOS 17.1 and wanted to confirm that it is my phone by switching off BT. But it didnā€™t want to disappear from the list on the test website. Only when I walked away with the phone it disappeared from the scan results.

Who currently has this ā€œNo Mobile Data after flight mode on/offā€ problem?

• Yes
  • No
  • Sometimes

0 voters

1 Like