Lineage 17.1 - FP2

Thanks :slight_smile: I’ll make a backup tonight of the phone and go try it out then.

Sorry, can’t say.
and-this-to-fill-up-20-characters…

And without gapps but with F-Droid it is still better. :grin:

1 Like

I agree yeah haha. Though I need some gapps due to my university so that’s a bummer.

As for switching from stock OS to LOS; it went perfectly fine. I only restored a backup from WhatsApp and reinstalling everything I’ve used now without any issues. Only thing I noticed is that the launcher which I am using (Niagara Launcher) is lagging when the status bar is shown, I guess due to drop shadow effect? Notified the developer of the app anyway :slight_smile:

One more happy upgrader from LOS 16 to 17. I postponed it for months. I like the new background, the very slick setup and this page was the most useful, though it was a bit hidden. With it, i was able to get past the ‘no permissions (user in plugdev group;…’ error message.

I am looking forward to see if this avoids that random restart that put me off for a long time. If it still appears, then i will try without gapps.

2 Likes

I could implement a workaround for my WiFi troubles: I installed an additional repeater which is connected over a powerline adapter to the FRITZ!Box.

I think the WiFi troubles were caused by a weak signal in the 5 GHz network in combination with a missing fallback to the 2,4 GHz network. The FRITZ!Box is configured to use both frequency bands. Manually using the 2,4 GHz led to a stable but slow connection, so the workaround with the repeater also increases the network speed.

The troubles did not occur on lineage 16, so something relevant changed also on the lineage side.

I had my first reboot in LOS 17 yesterday. I had this problem with an older version of LOS aswell:

• FP2 connected to VW car via bluetooth
  • GPS on
  • Google maps open with GPS active (but no navigation, just position on route).

After about 20 Mins, the FP2 just rebooted. Does anybody have this aswell? In the past it also happened when using OSMand.

I have also the problem that the wlan connection is limited to some 2 Mbps, while it shows 72 Mbit/s on a 2,4 GHz connection in the wlan properties? How come? Thx for reply…

Interestingly, the last #modemfiles (19.11.2) fixed the connection problem (flight mode on/off) for me.

4 Likes

Since 20200422 the mobile data issue seemed to be fixed, but today it returned. After switching flight mode off, I had no chance of getting back mobile data. After a reboot the icon for mobile data was shown, but I had no mobile data anyway. Toggling mobile data and flight mode did not help.
Now I have updated to 20200426. It works fine yet.

Same here.
Mobile reconnect bug has returned after update 20200422
Though in my case today’s update 20200426 didn’t solve it either.

Same here.
I could somehow fix it by taking out the battery while the phone was running. After a reboot mobile data reconnection worked again.

But after the upgrade to 2020-04-26, the problem is back. :frowning:
I should have waited until the fixes were in the nightlies.

It rather looks to me like some random issue that is just not yet fixed. Can someone please post logcat -b radio and normal logcat output when the issue occurs?

Chris

@chrmhoffmann: Here is a logcat -b radio marked when I pressed flightmode off/on: https://haste.tchncs.de/bosasifipa.vbs

Any reason why there are no more nightly builds since 26042020?

It looked like the build process was broken. It starts everyday at 4 o’clock and runs for for example 20 hours. But then it started to take longer than 24h. so the next build process has to wait. I think then they stopped everything to fix it.

Edit: Yesterday a new build for the Fairphone was made. Today’s build process was canceled after two builds for other phones. I don’t know what they are doing. But it looks like they have bigger problems with the process.

EDIT 2: The last update is now 20200422. The rest had been deleted.

2 Likes

Hi everybody!

I have exactly the same issue as gerritj. I very often forget to shut off the display manually, and therefore I have to recharge the battery more often as usual. Will this issue be fixed?

Hello, I was able to install LineageOS 17.1 and add microG via Magisk and NanoDroid following this post: Updating LineageOS 17.1 for microG via TWRP + feature test

2 Likes

Hi. I decided to install LOS 17 without MicroG because my installation of LOS16 for MicroG had become unstable. The installation was successful. Then I had some problems restoring the backup of some applications with Titanium Backup. Nothing serious.
On the other hand, I often get the indication “No Internet connection” even though I am well connected to my hidden WiFi and have Internet access. I flashed the latest modem firmware.
Finally I installed LineageOS 17.1 and add microG via Magisk and NanoDroid.

1 Like