Lineage 17.1 - FP2

Since the first start of the update to 17.1-20200422 mobile data works fine here, even when I toggle mobile data or flight mode.

3 Likes

Needed an extra Reboot after the Update, but Problem solved.
Thanks to you all for your feedbacks.

1 Like

Restoring a TWRP backup of LOS 17.1 followed by an immediate installation of the same or newer LOS version leads to a working setup. Thanks again for the hint.

3 Likes

I recently installed Lineage OS nightly 17.1 in my FP2 but I get two bugs:

-After turning the phone on, I put the mobile data connection and it worksā€¦ Only once, then when I want to reconnect it does not work until I restart the phoneā€¦

-The battery management is not very good, after having 50% (for instance) it can go to 2% in a minute (and set the dark mode) and afterwards to 46%ā€¦ I donā€™t understand what is wrong.

Well, I hope the bugs can be fixed.

Thanks a lot, the OS is amazing otherwise!

2 Likes

The issue with mobile data reconnect should be fixed with 20200422 update - see above

Hey,

yes. Data reconnection problem solved in my case! Thanks a lot.

Nevertheless, the battery issue is still thereā€¦ Could it be something in my hardware only?

Also there is something else which might be of your interest: when I start the phone, there is this message ā€œNo SD card insertedā€ for 10 min or so, then it dissapear. No further problems.

Thanks again!
Cheers

I have other question: I donā€™t find the tool ā€œCheckupā€ for hardware diagnosis that the OS of FP2 used to haveā€¦ Will it be available?
Thanks

Does anyone have experience with AFWall+ on Lineageos17.1? My issues with the mobile data reconnection had returned but seemed to be fixed with tonights update. However when I activate AFWall+ there is the same problem again -> no reconnection.

1 Like

Maybe this is what youā€™re looking for

But Iā€™ve never used it myself

1 Like

You can install Checkup from F-Droid: https://f-droid.org/fr/packages/community.fairphone.checkup/

3 Likes

OK! The app works fine, is what I was looking for actually. Thanks.

My primary microphone was not working with the FP2 OS neihter with the LOS 17.1ā€¦ Nevertheless it works nowā€¦ Did you fix something? I thought it was a hardware problem of the microphone module because when I removed and reseated it it worked for about two days after (then breaking againā€¦).

It is a problem I know other people have with the FP2. If it is fixed it would be great! But I donā€™t know, I hope it donā€™t stop working as in other occasions.

Cheers.

Tried TWRP backup of encrypted LOS17.1, but TWRP is not able to decrypt file system?
(latest LOS build and latest TWRP version ā€¦ tried several TWRP versionsā€¦)

Without a decent reliable full system backup/restore mean, I am reluctant to switch to LOS
The new LOS Recovery does not offer backup/restore.
Any hints or tips appreciated

TWRP on the Fairphone 2 is not able to decrypt encryption from Android 8 on.
You can try your luck with this custom build here ā€¦ Custom TWRP 3.2.3 to decrypt Android 8/9 encryption.

But only the data partition is encrypted anyway. The TWRP backup still works for other partitions, so an OS backup can be done, but you would have to backup your data and Apps with other means.

Be aware that TWRP never backs up the Internal Storage, so you would have to deal with Internal Storage differently anyway.

2 Likes

AFWAll+ is definetely not working with LOS17.1. Everything works fine without it, but once I only install it the mobile data reconnection problem appears and till now I can only fix it by deleting cache and any other data of AFWall+ and then uninstalling it. Only uninstalling didnā€™t work for me. Has anyone been able to run the firewall on LOS17.1 yet?

Hey there. I did a quick search but couldnā€™t find the answerā€¦

Iā€™m considering switching from FP2 stock OS to LOS 17.1 with the gapps. One thing I am wondering, is the battery life better comparing the FP2 stock OS with the LOS?

Which commits do you refer to? Please link them :slight_smile:
Chris

PS: Careful. The change log here does not mention lineage version:
https://download.lineageos.org/

So the two changes you might mean:

were not in 17.1 but in 16.0. The same changes on 17.1 are not yet merged.

1 Like

Maybe I mean these changes. Read about it somehow via the changes on the fp2.

I perceive that LOS with gapps (micro) is much better than FP2 OSā€¦

1 Like

Hey! Today I tried switcing on the mobile data connection while the phone was in the power saving mode (battery under 10% in my case) and it didnā€™t connectā€¦ Is that a bug?