Lineage 17.1 - FP2

After the update 17.1-20200418 and the reboot mobile data were disabbled for both sim cards. But I could simply enable the mobile data for one sim card and it works without a reboot or so.
Also switching flight mode on and off works.

I have the same Problem.

I have deleted the APN settings from my mobile operator and manually entered them again. After that I restarted my phone. Now mobile data works even after turning it off/on again or when activating it after flight mode. (I upgraded from Lineage 16 maybe some old setting was not compatible for 17.1?)

4 Likes

Hi everybody,

AfWall+ does not log anymore, nor does Net Monitor.

Everything else works.

:slight_smile:

@Rolluc, same here. I had the problem with mobile data not reconnecting after switching it off and on before. After doing a lot of testing I found out, that AdAway seemed to be the problem. I could not fix it so I just turned it off and mobile data worked without any problem.
However since I have updated to lineage-17.1-20200418 the problem occured again and I cannot reconnect mobile data. After turning it off once, the only chance to get it back working again is by rebooting.
Could anyone fix this issue yet?

2 Likes

@Allan1 Tanks for your response. I do not have installed AdAway, so to me there must be another cause for this issue.
Since my second reboot after installing 17.1-20200418 mobile data is still working yet, even when I switch on and off mobile data or flight mode. Although I did not make any changes.

I can confirm the mobile data reconnect problem (no AdAway).
WiFi reconnect works, even after mobile data failed.

1 Like

Mobile Data is back to my phone. I am not quite sure which of the following steps was the important one that made everything work again but I will list what I did. Hopefully it will help…

• I am using AFWall+. There I made sure, that [1073] NetworkStack, co.android.server.NetworkPermissionConfig has acces to the internet.
  • I deletet my APN and created a new one. (For most german providers the only things to set are an random name and the APN internet)
  • I shut down my phone and rebooted it -> still no reconnection
  • I deactivated AFWall+ completely an rebooted again
  • I left the phone for about 10 minutes and after turning on AFWAll+ again the mobile data worked perfectly. I can now turn it on and off, switch to flight mode and reboot the phone without problems.

I have pretty much no idea, why these steps worked but well… It’s sometimes a bit of magic :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe this is related:

https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:"p-airplane-toggle-fix"+(status:open%20OR%20status:merged)

Chris

Huge drawback for fans of TWRP backup/restore (like me) - possibly due to the new “system-as-root” layout: They still seem to work (no errors or warnings) but a restored LOS 17.1 never boots again (endless boot logo).

Toggle Switch location missing since yesterday.
why can you no longer switch modes between precise and economical?

Screenshot_20200421-111331_Nova_Launcher

The switch was removed, because it was not working.
https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_frameworks_base/+/271797/

1 Like

That is no 17.1 thing, I experienced this with earlier versions, too.
Earlier versions would boot again if you just installed the LineageOS build corresponding to the restored OS again over the restored OS.
Somebody else even got it working again with installing a different build of the same general version over the restored OS.

Did you try this?

1 Like

Thanks for the hint, but I’m afraid this is not related.
The bugs relate to toggling airplane mode (i.e. all connections)
Whereas, at least in my case, it’s only reconnecting mobile data.
Toggling airplane mode has no influence on the faulty reconnect behavior.

I never experienced this and used TWRP for complete LOS restore from scratch quite often.

Thanks for the hint - I’ll try it and report here.

Didn’t work for me.
I deleted all old APNs & re-created a new one with basic settings of my provider.
But the problem remains.

Anyone else with experiences with deleting old APNs and recreating them?

I was probably just lucky. :frowning: Did you try to reboot after changing the settings? It worked only after reboot for me.

Yes, I did reboot.
Desperate guess: order of deleting & creating APNs
Did you first delete all old APNs and then create the new one?
Or other way round - create a new, test it and then delete the old?

In today’s update was something that could be the solution to you flight mode problem. could you try it?

Thanks for the hint, I will.
But actually it seems to be not related to flight mode but only to reconnect to mobile data.
All other reconnects (Wifi, 3/4G, Toggle flight mode, …) work fine.

1 Like