Lineage 17.1 - FP2

Issue solved after making backup (TWRP), restoring factory settings, clean install of Lineage 17.1 and restoring backup.

2 Likes

Seems solved after update 29042020.

Does navigtion work without being connected to car via bluetooth? Do you only use GPS for navigation/ or also mobile data etc? Sitting on my couch navigation seem to work :wink: on my FP2 LOS 17.1 biuld dd 24042020 with Gapps Pico, only when I have Google Standortgenauigkeit turned on… bluetooth is on but not connected

Hello,
yes, I can use navigation when riding my bike. It works fine. Just when connected to my car, it dumps.

Can you show logcat and /proc/last_kmsg

Chris

2 Likes

Hi,

Whats the performance for you people running Lineage 17.1?
I have been running it now since April 21st and compared to lineage 16 it is much slower, some lag or freeze-frames for a few seconds in apps and in GUI when opening / closing apps etc.

I have been running the same set-up for 16 and 17, Open Gapps micro-package.
As of now I have way less “other apps” since the install is quite new, so I would expect a smoother experience.

Thought: Open Gapps state “10.0 has still some minor issues”, no clue what but maybe this provides a less than optimal state for the phone?
Anyone recognise this? or perhaps I should do a new clean install?

EDIT: I did a clean install, wipe data, standard wipe in twrp (without wiping images etc)

1 Like

I am having the reconnection problem at the moment and sent you the logcat and radio buffer as a PM.

Sorry. Dont see much. Seems like it is somehow hanging while disconnecting. I guess we need more (complete) logs?

Chris

How do I record more complete logs? Is there a guide?

Goto developer options and increase “Logger buffer sizes”. Set it to something big and then restart the phone. Hopefully this will do the trick. Please also save logcat not to PDF, it makes additional line breaks.

Chris

1 Like

Alright, will send you the logcat in a few minutes as PM

Unfortunately, I had to completely reinstall my FP2. Since then everything works. I can’t reproduce the error anymore. So it really seems to have to do with the migration of settings from LOS16 → LOS17!?

I also find performance worse than with LOS 16…slower reaction and light freezing in general but especially when charging… I hace not done a clean installation, but just installed LOS 17 and Gapps Pico over the old installation, so al settings and files were kept. Its not annoying me too mich so far, but I’m also not completely happy…someone said /e/ is running faster, so if I do not see improvement for LOS 17 I will probably give this a try, although ths is based in Android 9

2 Likes

I do not agree that the performance of LOS 17.1 is worse than LOS 16.0. I am using LOS as an upgrade from 16.0, currently 20200426 (which is no longer available just now). The FP2 is rooted now by magisk, on LOS 16.0 it was rooted by addonsu. But I never have installed any gapps.

1 Like

Same here: Upgrade 16.0 -> 17.1 (20200426)
No gapps or similar google stuff, phone not rooted.
Performance not worse than before.

2 Likes

Thanks for feedback, @Rolluc, @gefr . This means something is wrong on my side.

I will try updating os+gapps, if not that then maybe do another clean install. (did one when I went from 16->17.

@yvmuell, We both have gapps installed, and as open Gapps state it might not work properly, anyone else with Open Gapps that can confirm?

3 Likes

@mansp hopefully gapps are the reason so I will try to install an updated pack when I will find time, the version I have installed is dd 03042020 and I think I have seen a new one from may

I’ve done a clean install and I have the problem too. At the moment no mobile data with the last update. So I can’t confirm your question :-/

1 Like

Hi,

have you checked that you ARN settings are correctly entered. Dont count on lineage’s default APN list. They are not up to date at all. I also had to enter my one myself (and the provider is a mainstream French telephony network - not something exotic).

Chris

4 Likes