Lineage 17.1 - FP2

Yeah, I went from bad performance on LOS16 to bad performance on LOS17.1 so… yeah, really, it did not get worse for me :slight_smile:

Maybe when I get around to it I will do a completely clean install. What’s the best way for this? Restore to factory settings in LOS oder deletion of … stuff … in CWM?

Another question: Is there any way to modify the standard vibration for incoming messages? I remember, back in the olden days of Cyanogenmod, you could directly set length and possible intervals. I miss that.

Here LOS 17.1 and OpenGapps pico. I have the problem with turning mobile data off and on. And it takes some time until the phone let’s me unlock it with my pin after a (re)boot. Everything else works fine.

1 Like

Thanks for the hint.
They where correct. But i renamed it nevertheless and reboot the phone. Now it works.

1 Like

I have not had any issues to reconnect to mobile data when turning back on, neither with SIM 1 nor with SIM2…my FP2 is not rootet, could that be a reason? However I also need to patient after a reboot before I can enter SIM Pins and phone PIN…

No, my FP2 is not rooted too.

I could solve the mobile data problem once again by deleting my APN settings, creating new ones and rebooting the phone. Have you tried that already?

1 Like

I can confirm. since 17.1 the FP2 is very slow and reacts very very sluggishly. Android 10 is too fat a number for the old phone? :frowning:
Otherwise the port works perfectly.

Steven

I have not witnessed a performance issue on a fresh install of LOS 17.1

4 Likes

Does anybody knows when the guys from Lineageos had repaired everything and can start making the builds again?

2 Likes

with or without google?

With google apps pico. And without root (Magisk).
I just checked, I was at the version of April 5th. I’ll now update to the version of 22nd.

1 Like

Thats what I’m on, seems the build process is still broken?

1 Like

I’d even like to know if the build outage is due to the hack or other code / infrastructure issues…

Still no performance degradation (well, except for the first start after the update, that always feels a little laggy for a handful of minutes).

1 Like

They had been hacked. Nearly everything is working again. But the builds are still not working.
https://status.lineageos.org/

Edit: Statement from the guys from LineageOS: https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/gfudkv/build_status/

5 Likes

I have the same little “problem” which causes heavy batterydrain over the day.

Under LOS17.1 20200426 my FP2 takes much longer to get a GPS fix than under 16.0, although it recognizes a number of satellites in a short time, that was more than enough to get a fix under 16.0. Can anyone confirm?

2 Likes

hi, see my reply on same question on 30 april

2 Likes

To me it also seems, that it take a longer time to get the GPS position (tried only with GPS enabled without mobile network and WiFi).
But until now I only tried it 5 times or so.

Yeah, much longer time to get GPS fix here as well. Coming from a clean install…