Lineage 17.1 - FP2

It rather looks to me like some random issue that is just not yet fixed. Can someone please post logcat -b radio and normal logcat output when the issue occurs?

Chris

@chrmhoffmann: Here is a logcat -b radio marked when I pressed flightmode off/on: https://haste.tchncs.de/bosasifipa.vbs

Any reason why there are no more nightly builds since 26042020?

It looked like the build process was broken. It starts everyday at 4 o’clock and runs for for example 20 hours. But then it started to take longer than 24h. so the next build process has to wait. I think then they stopped everything to fix it.

Edit: Yesterday a new build for the Fairphone was made. Today’s build process was canceled after two builds for other phones. I don’t know what they are doing. But it looks like they have bigger problems with the process.

EDIT 2: The last update is now 20200422. The rest had been deleted.

2 Likes

Hi everybody!

I have exactly the same issue as gerritj. I very often forget to shut off the display manually, and therefore I have to recharge the battery more often as usual. Will this issue be fixed?

Hello, I was able to install LineageOS 17.1 and add microG via Magisk and NanoDroid following this post: Updating LineageOS 17.1 for microG via TWRP + feature test

2 Likes

Hi. I decided to install LOS 17 without MicroG because my installation of LOS16 for MicroG had become unstable. The installation was successful. Then I had some problems restoring the backup of some applications with Titanium Backup. Nothing serious.
On the other hand, I often get the indication “No Internet connection” even though I am well connected to my hidden WiFi and have Internet access. I flashed the latest modem firmware.
Finally I installed LineageOS 17.1 and add microG via Magisk and NanoDroid.

1 Like

Issue solved after making backup (TWRP), restoring factory settings, clean install of Lineage 17.1 and restoring backup.

2 Likes

Seems solved after update 29042020.

Does navigtion work without being connected to car via bluetooth? Do you only use GPS for navigation/ or also mobile data etc? Sitting on my couch navigation seem to work :wink: on my FP2 LOS 17.1 biuld dd 24042020 with Gapps Pico, only when I have Google Standortgenauigkeit turned on… bluetooth is on but not connected

Hello,
yes, I can use navigation when riding my bike. It works fine. Just when connected to my car, it dumps.

Can you show logcat and /proc/last_kmsg

Chris

2 Likes

Hi,

Whats the performance for you people running Lineage 17.1?
I have been running it now since April 21st and compared to lineage 16 it is much slower, some lag or freeze-frames for a few seconds in apps and in GUI when opening / closing apps etc.

I have been running the same set-up for 16 and 17, Open Gapps micro-package.
As of now I have way less “other apps” since the install is quite new, so I would expect a smoother experience.

Thought: Open Gapps state “10.0 has still some minor issues”, no clue what but maybe this provides a less than optimal state for the phone?
Anyone recognise this? or perhaps I should do a new clean install?

EDIT: I did a clean install, wipe data, standard wipe in twrp (without wiping images etc)

1 Like

I am having the reconnection problem at the moment and sent you the logcat and radio buffer as a PM.

Sorry. Dont see much. Seems like it is somehow hanging while disconnecting. I guess we need more (complete) logs?

Chris

How do I record more complete logs? Is there a guide?

Goto developer options and increase “Logger buffer sizes”. Set it to something big and then restart the phone. Hopefully this will do the trick. Please also save logcat not to PDF, it makes additional line breaks.

Chris

1 Like

Alright, will send you the logcat in a few minutes as PM

Unfortunately, I had to completely reinstall my FP2. Since then everything works. I can’t reproduce the error anymore. So it really seems to have to do with the migration of settings from LOS16 → LOS17!?