LED notifications do not work

And everything works? Phone, sms, gps etc?

Got a nice and complete answer to my support request on the 28th of Feb: “At the moment the LED notification for Fairphone 3 is only dedicated to charging statuses. It is unfortunately not a feature to assign LED colors to notifications or other statuses. We are reporting every feedback we receive to our developers for possible future implementations.
Right now the team is investigating the possibility to integrate it in the next updates.
We don’t know exactly when this feature will be implemented and we cannot guarantee 100% that it will happen.”

So, the good news is that they’re looking at it, which I really appreciate. And I’m sure we’ll get updated if the feature will get implemented. Or we’ll notice after updating :grin:

13 Likes

My last two phones had no led notifications unlike the older Samsung phones and I got used to it and don’t miss it anymore. You can use an app that alerts you of missed calls and messages, for example the missed call reminder app.

I did not try GPS. But phoning, SMS, cameras, torch, NFC, bluetooth, wlan and fingerprint sensor all worked.

1 Like

Hi,
so I switched to Linage OS 16 yesterday, because I am having reboot issues (while phoning) and try to figure out whether it is a software or hardwarebug. (And I was curious if a GSI - Curstomrom works).

With Linage, the notification LEDS are working.

BUT: I am really annoyed of the blinking after using the FP3 without it (funny!) As said in an older post: I do not bother whether they are working or not. (they are “additional-stress-makers” to me) :wink:

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. After not having them, I’m now really keen to disable them if Fairphone ever do implement a change. I’ve disabled loads of notifications, and I’ll get to them in my own time!

3 Likes

Yes! With the New Update the LED notifications should work, Thank you fairphone Team!
Ive just installed the Update im excited if it Wors properly

11 Likes

I have just installed the update (A.0118) as well but so far no notification LED…

Update: working fine after enabling “blinking light”

1 Like

When you say this, what do you mean? Have any of your apps sent notifications? And if so is LED notifications for that app enabled?

It’s been working for me - I think Blue may be the default and it’s a soft & slow blinking notification.

2 Likes

After the update I got a notification from Whatsapp and the LED was blinking red.

4 Likes

The LED is working for me too - Signal -> blue blinking :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Did you change any settings? For me the LED is not workeing either. I have the new settings in the notification settings, i.e. I can switch LED blinking on/off, but I do not get any LED blinking not from FairMail, not from Signal and not from Stock Messages App - that’s what I tested.

I haven’ t changed any settings.

1 Like

Didn’t have to enable anything - it just worked after the update.

3 Likes

Still no update for me ;-(

Ahhhhh, I was just impatient. It only flashes when the display shuts down :slight_smile: * I like! *

6 Likes

Follow-Up for those using FairEMail like me - notification LED is a bit tricky there:

• Go to FairEMail Settings
  • Slide to Notifications
  • Tap on “Service Channel”
  • Make sure that LED blinking is enabled under advanced settings.

/me is happy :slight_smile:

I was again too fast - this enables service notifications, and those don’t go away after receiving an email. So, obviously with FairEMail there’s some problem: I’ve switched on all notifications available with LED on, but I don’t get it blinking for a new mail… any Ideas?

/me no longer so happy…

1 Like

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now I can turn off the notification sound and have a silent phone again, it’s perfect!

4 Likes

Told you so… :sweat_smile::rofl::joy:

We should suggest for FP4 that they don’t forget it for the product launch.

6 Likes

I’ve already heard from two deaf users who are very glad to have this feature back. No more needless checking of their phones!

7 Likes