Incoming call does not show up while I have an active call

When I have an ongoing call and a new call comes in then this call does not show up and is also not listed as missed call. Both is really problematic, especially when people call you multiple times and you “react” this way. (they hear a few peeps and then the line is cut like when you reject the call)

I tried the default phone app and also the simple phone app from the f-droid store: both show the same problem.

Please note that I have one e-SIM and one physical SIM. And it does not seem to matter if I have an ongoing call with the e-SIM or the physical SIM - the problem exists for both cases.

(security update from 5th December 2021 and build number FP4.FP3R.A.099.20220112 )

Hello and welcome to the forum. When you navigate to Phone → [three dots] → Settings → Calling accounts → [your operator] → GSM call settings → Additional settings, is the Call waiting option enabled?

2 Likes

Thank you for your fast response.

Yes, this settings is enabled for both operators(/SIMs).

1 Like

Can you reproduce the issue consistently? Maybe someone else can then test the same issue. If that has the same result, then we have another issue for FP.

In that case I would suggest that you #contactsupport. I actually don’t know if it’s also broken on my phone as I don’t call very often (two incoming calls are pretty rare for me), but I’ll try to test it tomorrow.

2 Likes

Is the status confirmed when dailing *#43#?

1 Like

Okay, I managed to test it just now using my wife’s phone and my old phone with a second SIM. It notifies me about the second call and overall works without any problem.

Did you try to restart the phone, reinsert the SIM, and clear the cache of the phone app? But if none of this works, I don’t know. It will be best to wait for the reponse from support. As a last resort, you can try factory reset (which you would have to do anyway before sending the phone for repair).

1 Like

Hm, strange. It says: Call waiting. Service has been disabled. Will restart.

Maybe disable the waiting call function and see what happens? Or your provider does not support (not sure if this is possible)

Now it got very weird. I called with phone A to my fairphone, then in parallel phone B called my fairphone but as before I wasn’t notified while the call. I then stopped the outgoing call from B. And after a few seconds I stopped the call from A and also from my fairphone.

Then out of nowhere a call from phone B came to my fairphone (although my call has stopped for about a minute!). I accepted the call, but only silence :slight_smile:

Not sure about the waiting call function. Whenever I visit this setting it is very shortly disabled, a screen pops up and unreadable fast closes, then the waiting call function is enabled.

You can enable as well by calling *43# and disable by calling #43#

Just another question: the second call is coming in on the same SIM used for the call? I think when you use 1 SIM for a call and the call comes in on the second SIM it will never work.

My previous phone did this and I’m pretty sure FP4 can handle it but something is wrong.

Did you try to restart the phone, reinsert the SIM, and clear the cache of the phone app?

I did this now but without success so far :confused: … I created a support ticket.

You can enable as well by calling *43# and disable by calling #43#

It now says that it is enabled for both SIM cards.

Now the eSIM stopped working and I can only make outboind calls (but not receiving calls). Really ugly…

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I posted this months ago and it is still not fixed (and the support was suboptimal, to say the least):

When I have an ongoing call on one SIM and a new call comes in for the other SIM then this call does not show up and is also not listed as missed call. The calling person hears a few peeps and then the line is cut like when you reject the call.

This is a serious problem.

I tried the default phone app and also the simple phone app from the f-droid store: both show the same problem.

It does not matter whether I use e-SIM or the physical SIM for the first call.

(unfortunately the original thread is closed now)

in the meantime I own a FP4 and just tested this. I had a call with SIM 1 and called SIM2 from my landline and I was directly referred to voice mail of SIM2. So at least I receive a SMS from voice mail and call info that someone tried to reach me. As the voice mail directly picked up i think its normal the call is not in my missed call list in my phone app.
Same the other way round, so call ongoing with SIM2, incoming call to SIM1 goes directly to voice mail and I receive the missed call SMS.

2 Likes