Help! Battery charging slowly

Then, you should know that batteries aren’t build to be charge at 100% every time so they took more to go from 90 to 100 instead of going from 50 to 90. Many suggests keeping it from 20% to 80%, honestly I charge my FP3 from 15 to 20/30 and unplug it from 90 to 95. This is the way to keep your battery nice and happy through the years. I can say to you that I feel this usage improvement in screen time. Al last, cable isn’ t the keypoint during a charging phase, but you must have a right and proper wall charger, plus and very suggested that supports QC3.0. Aukey is a wellknown brand and it costs only 11€. I looked to FP official wall charger but it costs 29€ + 15€ of delivery, and it is not a fair component XD.

2 Likes

I bought my USB charger and cable with the Fairphone and the charging worked correctly, switching to fast charging after a minute or two. Although due to lockdown the charger has not moved from the living room and hardly been used it stopped charging fast just before Christmas. Cannot be damaged!!! Don’t know what to do…

1 Like

Please, try to toggle plane mode few times, and charge in plane mode, just to see if it have an effect.

1 Like

Saw the post about airplane mode - was it you? Thanks but I’ve just been toggling and no change. It’s also awkward I can’t see the charging speed unless the phone screen goes to sleep - do you know how to check it when using the phone :slight_smile:

Did you tried to then charge in plane mode only ? Sorry, I have no other advice, It was just maybe chance in my case.
You can read my own experience here: [solved] Stuck in "very slow" charging mode

2 Likes

I find if I unplug the phone, cable and charger and move to a different plug then it sometimes works. This morning I have done this five times to plugs that worked in the past and on the fifth time it worked. Frustrating! But thanks for your reply.

2 Likes

The problem seems to have disappeared for me with the latest update (0077).

3 Likes

Lucky you :slight_smile: Not so for me, but I have a ticket in on the issue.

2 Likes

The problem has also been solved for me since the last update (0077)

4 Likes

That sounded like a good and easy advice :wink: but unfortunately didnt work for me. I reset the system but that didnt change anything. Yesterday the phone charged in 7 hours from 20% to 100%…(thats fast at the moment) but now its back on charging maybe 1% in 2 hours. I also tried a new battery…but nothing changed. but thanks for the ideas… :upside_down_face:

Be sure to ask for official support before the two years is up.

https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

3 Likes

Still charging slow; sometimes FP3 freezes when charging at night; no alarm… months later and still no decent solution.

Your initial post of 2nd Jan didn’t state what OS you are using or what version.

On my front, yesterday, out of nowhere the phone started charging at a fast rate 1% per minuite. I don’t know if this is a one off.

I’m using stock Android 10 V0077, since Jan but the issue was there in Oct 20 when I bough the phone.

It’s not a common issue and like you I am hesitant to do a factory reset ~ who knows what may happen then. Software is a complicated set of instructions and this is a unique set of hardware modules, par for the course.

I have the normal stock OS. My FP3 also charges fast at times but I could not figure out under which circumstances.

I have the same problem as outlined by OP. I am posting this mainly to keep the thread alive.

I have sent a support ticket and with a link to this thread included.

Who is OP and therefore what post/problem are you referring to and can you explain your problem in some detail?

What charger and cable are you using?

“Original Poster”/“Original Post” or “Opening Poster”/“Opening Post”, so either the user who wrote the first post in the topic, or the first post itself :wink: .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.