Headphone Jack/plug doesn't work

Thanks! I might try that as I have the same problem with the phone (FP3) being stuck in the headphone mode - unfortunately quite regularly, as I use headphones often…

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! I have the same problem.

Hi same problem here.

It actually fail when i use the “handfree” button on my earphones to pause the music or receive a call. I restart the phone and it works again. I think it might be that the jack plug is not made for that kind of handfree earphones. Doesn’t bother me so much. I won’t change it. Let’s see.

Hi there, I’m new so please excuse all the potential mistakes…

I have a new Fairphone 3 and I love it. But suddenly I couldn’t hear the other party when calling someone or receiving a call. Took me a while but I found out that the phone just didn’t realise that I unplugged the headphones. So the sound just goes to nowhere.

I tried plugging them back in, using other headphones, nothing… Only thing that works is restarting the phone. That is a temporary solution but I really don’t want to restart my phone everytime I listen to music and then want to call someone…

Does anyone have a similar problem and/or a solution?

Best, Angela

Welcome to the community forum!
I moved your post here to avoid duplicates. Please have a look around at the possible solutions suggested.

Thank you for moving my post! Although I find it a bit sad to find my request lined up with posts from a year ago with no valid solution… I started only using my Fairphone 3 headphones (sound quality is terrible btw especially given the price…) and will try to see if this solves it. But I think that it really is a software issue. Guess we’ll just have to wait on a software fix. Can’t take another year. Or can it…

I understand what you mean, and I understand it can be disappointing. Though you were asking:

You have your answer :slightly_smiling_face:

I think the best would be contacting Fairphone support. In any case, don’t hesitate.

1 Like

Hi there, same problem here!
Also the music sometimes stopped playing while headphones plugged in and phone was moving.

Following solution seems to work for me:
Inside the audioplug on the top is a metal piece. This was bent to the side so there was no firm connection to the audiojack anymore. I bent it back a little bit, now everything seems to work fine.

I opened the phone an took out the top module to fix it, but i think it can also be fixed without opening the phone.

See image attached illustrating the problem/metal thing:

Markus

3 Likes