Headphone connector can't hold on to Headphone Jack properly

Hi @Patrick1,

first of all: I wasn’t aware there were issues regarding the audio jack with the new cover :open_mouth:

Secondly: I am not using headphones that much on my phone.

However, just for the kicks I tried it out and…It all seem to work fine for both my old and new covers #chinrub.

Maybe the issue you mentioned is depending on the kind of headphones you use? I used my old Technics RP-F600 to “test” it…

Ciao!

Hi @BamskiBamski

Actually this issue was several times discussed in this forum in the past.

Like here., here, and here too. There are more though.

The only thing I had changed after realizing this problem was the case. Switching back to the old solved the problem again testing all connectors at hand. Even some users have written their replacement top module did not change this, but results were better without the slim cover.

Depending on if having a 3 pin plug for audio only or a 4 pin plug for a hands-free headset this then makes a difference how the phone will react should the plug not connect properly or slip out a midge while being in use.
There seem to be slight plug tolerances of approx. 0-0,3 mm in lenght depending on the (plug) manufacturer as I could read out of datasheets.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.