Glass screen protector for FP5

Hi, sorry for the late response, was busy.
I bought this one Amazon.de And it still fits fine.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. The Amazon product you have linked to seems to be exactly the same as the solution I have indicated, but as it is not exactly the same with the same name and same link I cannot name it as the solution. It is cheaper though, but I’m not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing!

Thank you for posting what is for me the solution. I bought a 3MK hybrid recommended by Meaghan which is a good fit but I found it impossible to place accurately. I was willing to let that go, but what made it unusable for me was that it made the phone smell of an organic solvent. I assumed it would go away but after a week it had not gone away.

So I ordered the expensive Amazon one from Netherlands and it arrived today. I have by now lost all of my confidence, and ability, to fit phone screen protectors. I used to be the one who fitted all my children’s phone screens perfectly, first time. No more! But a little wonky didn’t matter, it has no selfie camera hole and is just the right size.

So AYETEA is the solution for me. Thank you simonbor!

Xenroth supplies a link to another screen also available from Amazon that looks to be exactly the same as AYETEA and has worked for Xenroth, so may well work for you. But is is simonbor’s answer that has worked for me, and so that is why I have flagged it as the solution to this problem.

3 Likes

For anyone who wants to see what led me to announcing AYETEA as my personal solution.

This is the upscreen protector from Schutzfolien after about two weeks on the phone. It is just too long and that produces bubbles at the bottom. If you push hard on it upwards, the bubbles recede, and you get bubbles at the top instead:

I then bought the 3mk screen recommended by Meaghan (thank you!) in this packaging:

Which was a bit of a nightmare to put on and looks horrible when you have. It also leaves a faint score mark a third of the way up the screen:

Luckily that vanishes after 24 hours, and it fits well (this is from 2 weeks later):

But it smells a bit and that was starting to drive me nuts so I bought the AYETEA screen from Amazon recommended by simonbor (thank you simonbor!):

And that had a nicely bevelled edge and was just the right size, with NO HOLE FOR THE SELFIE CAMERA, but for me that was a massive plus:

I took these rather poor photos 24 hours after application but several days later it looks just like it did the moment I applied it. If it becomes horrid I will repost here.

It is a shame that I have bought all of these not-Fair products and thrown most of them away. I did not want to. If the reseller in the UK had offered a Fairphone alternative I would have bought it at purchase, but they did not, and frankly, given that they do not seem to offer a basic glass protector, I’m glad I didn’t have the option. The Mr Shield option given by Xenroth is probably the same as AYETEA. It is a shame there is not an Amazon option here.

I hope you have good luck protecting your Fairphone’s screen!

3 Likes

Whilst I am grateful for this reply I bought the one directly linked to (upscreen from Schutzfolien) and it does NOT fit perfectly see comment 47 for a photo of it on a Fairphone.

Dear PF5 owners,

Please suggest which screen protectors can suite FP5 size. I guess it has a standard screen of the same size as some other brands. Which models of which brands?

Original PF5 screen protector breaks like glass, I was using it only 6m and > 10 big cracks were created (5 of them through the screen).

I bought alternative from amazon (“EasyLifeGo for Fairphone 5 5G Case with Screen Protector (2 Pieces) Slim Shock Absorption TPU Soft Edge Bumper with Reinforced Corners Transparent Protective Cover”) but it is smaller than needed for PF5 screen. I would be happy not to fail for the third time :))

Thank you in advance,

1 Like

Hi AL-chemist,

yes its a problem, the quality of those products are not that great. its bad dimensions or bad quality.

like i already written about above.

i didn’t try the original Fairphone one, i dit already know it was not good for my need seeing it on the website.

fürs i dit buy the one from mobilize (not good at all)

Mobilize Gehard Glas Clear Screenprotector Fairphone 5 - Belsimpel,

• to small and don’t follow the edge.
  • it’s strong, the glass doesn’t break.
  • dont stick well slide of the screen in normal use.
  • become ugly fast

a good case is important as well, a screenprotector don’t work if you don’t have a good case.

For my the Tudifi case is perfect. the original one from Fairphone is not good at all.

on Amazon its much cheaper.

right now i have the screenprotector how was included in the parking of a difference case on my phone.

• it fits really well, just a little bit to short.
  • it still on my screen, don’t slide off.
  • it didn’t break yet
  • still cleen and looking nice, no problems.
  • working well together white the Tudifi cace

only strange thing, its looks like the same one you ean from Amazon. can you post a link to the website where you bought it?

i will post it here when i find it sold separately.

I hop this helps a little white you question.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind response.
I also bought that transparent case with 2 screen protectors (that are too small for FP5)).
Here is the original link:
https://www.amazon.sa/dp/B0CK1KF2M5?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

1 Like

right it looks exactly the same, im confused.

i see some difference.
on the picture i can’t see the cut out of the speaker, the one i have does have this cut out.
and i dit get only one screenprotector.
dit it come in a similar box?

https://forum.fairphone.com/uploads/default/original/3X/e/1/e19a09f0f5f83d654af351e8e8c162c659722be9.jpeg

it both Chinese that’s clear.

that two pictures of the blue phone ar the same picture used on both websites.

can it still be possible its a different product?!? :joy:

i tried to make some pictures of it, not working so we’ll on the webcam of my pc.

hi @aylicarper and @simonbor

is your AYETEA still holding on welll??

@Al-chemist probably the AYETEA how @aylicarper and @simonbor tested are a much better choice than the one i was suggesting.

now i think it’s more like gambling to get a good or bad one :joy:

link to the post of Simonbor,

according to Amazon

this screenprotector is most sold for the Fairphone 5 on their website,

im curious if someone has experience with this screenprotector.

reading the reviews its much bigger and fitting very tight on the edge of the screen.

please let ne know if you have experience.

https://amzn.eu/d/cqSTFaz

Hello. AYETEA is holding on very well after two months. I was going to post a progress report with photo very soon to keep the thread from locking for another six months. I’ll try to take a photo and post it within the next two days but please be assured AYETEA is a rather strange name and a rather expensive price but the one I have used from my pack of two is an excellent fit and looks pretty much identical to the photos above.

1 Like

From my purchase history this is the link for AYETEA: Amazon.co.uk there is a one star review saying it was supplied with dust under the film. If that was the case you could return it. No dust under mine. No hole for selfie camera. This was a plus for me as the selfie camera hole films never properly located over it and just attracted dust into the hole.

1 Like

Yes, still holding well! I’m very happy with it (it holds now (without any bubbles) for now 3 months in use. So, still recommendation to buy if you need it.

1 Like

Hello

I’ve taken a couple of photos of my now two month on screen AYETEA protector which I hope just about show how close to the edge it comes - there are two corners directly opposite each other (top left and bottom right). You can see a micro bubble under the top left which to be honest I had not seen until I took the photos. It looks identical to the day I put it on. And I have a spare.

The screen DID develop a bubble on bottom right after about two weeks of use. I realised that I always put the phone in my pocket screen side down, top first. It must have been very slowly pushing the protector down the screen. I now randomly put it in both ways and the problem has not recurred. (I got it back into place by pushing the protector up the screen.)

I really miss my FP2. The case came over the side of the screen which would have made this migration very unlikely, and of course protected the whole thing much better. And it was such a better size. (Sorry for the moan, but I really miss my FP2!)

1 Like

I had a very good experience with BROTECT screenprotector for FF5. The previous brand I had used was not so good. BROTECT. I purchased at www.schutzfolien24.de

I’m really pleased you’re getting somewhere with Brotect from Schutzfolien but please can anybody reading this post also look at posts 13, 16, 22 and 23 which report problems with the products. If you could post an exact link to the product that you purchased, and any photos, it would be very helpful.

1 Like

Here is my experience. Check the update comment.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fairphone/comments/1cdeq48/has_any_tried_these_aliexpress_screen_protectors/

Replying to myself: I still have the first of the three shipped screen protectors on my displays and cameras:

It didn’t go off again lately, so it seems it really is fixed now although the phone is seeing the highest temperatures ever since I have it. The protector didn’t slide anywhere. There are some minor scratches both on the display and the camera protectors which made me consider swapping for the next one but so far the scratches were not bad enough to make me move…

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply I have ordered a set.

1 Like