English

Generic FP2 battery alternative

Hi, I live in NZ and need a new FP2 battery. It’s almost impossible to get a lithium-ion battery imported unless it’s inside a whole phone, which I don’t need. Does anyone know a generic replacement battery I could use? I saw there were some suggestions for the FP1 on this forum but I guess they wouldn’t work for FP2. Thanks, Cate

You might want to consider a reseller selling FP2 spare parts that ships internationally, e.g vireo.de, they seem to ship the battery to NZ as well, see here if you speak a bit German): https://www.vireo.de/marken/fairphone/8628/fairphone-2-akku

1 Like

Just to answer your last question as well.
The generic battery for the FP1 won’t fit at all.
But unfortunately I have no other idea besides the ones already posted. :frowning:

Edit

Maybe you can try jubatec.
They sell a FP2 battery and it seems, they do ship worldwide (at least it is possible to select NZ as destination). Their homepage is German or Dutch only - unfortunately.

Edit 2:
@alex21 was faster, but here’s the source. :wink:

2 Likes

There, found the topic I was looking for. You may want to ask this user about the alternative battery he had found and where, but I suppose in Germany.

Edit: Well, the link of the shop is written on the battery (www.jubatec.eu), but I don’t know if it’s going to be very helpful for you…

2 Likes

German company VHBW also offers generic FP2 batteries made in China.

2 Likes

Unfortunately “electropapa” (i.e. vhbw) doesn’t ship outside the EU, as it seems.

I have my doubts about jubatec as well, but at least they have a list of countries worldwide, once you click on the German flag-symbol.

And I just realized, that the jubatec is (currently?) unavailable.
I rather fear, that they went out of stock and don’t produce new ones, as the FP2 is out of production. But one never knows. Maybe sending a request can clear this up.

2 Likes

@JBap just responded to me that he’s still fine with the Jubatec battery he bought in early 2019 (FB group link, not public).

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, I’ll investigate to see if I can get one from Vireo or Jubatec - hopefully!

1 Like