🇬🇧 🇩🇪 Random reboots with (official) Lineage OS?

@StevenHachel Any news with new boot image?

Chris

no, I made the update at home and flashed the boot image back. So far, everything is stable.
Will see tomorrow how it behaves in the Apple WLan network. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Two hours ago I installed the new nightly (20171114) and flashed the boot image. It went smooth altogether and no new reboots until now. The security date is 5. October 2017 still.

1 Like

Yes, the security update was not done in lineage yet.

Chris

1 Like

You mean LOS is still vulnerable to KRACK?

2 Likes

Ah, so patch level isn’t descriptive.

:musical_note: i feel good :musical_note: (20 characters)

Why not opening a new topic for CVE questions? This is about random reboots.

Chris

4 Likes

Today the first reboot. :slight_smile:
last_ksmg_15112017_01.txt

Steven

Thanks! This is a nice and clean one to analyze, great! :slight_smile:

and this is with the boot.img I gave you, correct? You reflashed boot after the upgrade?

Chris

Correct?

Steven

1 Like

Yeah, sigh. Seems this doesn’t fix it then :slight_smile:
Chris

1 Like

As far as I know, until now only @StevenHachel reported one reboot with your latest build, and that crash - again - seems to be related to the Apple router in his office. As long as nobody else will post another unrelated reboot, I believe that your intensive effort to fix the WiFi issue of @StevenHachel might have fixed another problem, possibly some memory corruption, and your hard work has been worth while so far.

Indeed, thank you very, very much for your commitment, it is very appreciated! :point_up: Please, keep it up! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Exactly, the restart took place in the office with the Apple router. :slight_smile:

Steven

1 Like

If you can imagine memory issues, it might be worth considering doing a memory test. Seems like there is a port of memtester for Android (needs self-compiling), maybe this could be worth a try?:

2 Likes

@chrmhoffmann, I’ve installed yesterday’s LOS build (together with your boot_rollback.img) today in the morning. Haven’t seen a reboot since (but to be honest, I haven’t found the time to use the phone very much today). But no reboot so far is good news imho. So, thanks for the image, I’ll keep you updated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Still without random reboots today! :slight_smile: Not even a single one, all day long. :slight_smile:
So, :thumbsup: from my side

Thanks, @chrmhoffmann!

2 Likes

For me it is also very stable. Unless I use my (Apple) WLAN on work, it crashes at some point.
With your bootimage the Bluetooth does not work anymore, right?

2 Likes