FrameWork laptop launch - repairable, upgradable - New stuff for 2023 too

Cause US companies do that all the time.

2 Likes

The difference here is the VAT being included in the price for European customers. US producers of electronics often don’t buy many products from the EU for which they could offset VAT against their sales, the bulk of the cost is in production which is not in the EU. As the USA doesn’t have a nationwide VAT system, only local sales taxes, there is no way to request VAT back in the USA either.

6 Likes

… prices in the US are given without VAT anyway, because not only the different states add their own different taxes, apparently there are possible county and city taxes, too. Sales taxes in the United States - Wikipedia

1 Like

Yeah, basically prices in EU b2c must be VAT included (consumer may assume such if its not mentioned). EU b2b and US not, so its in the advantage of seller to not mention such (well, not if I am consumer and buyer, but I must be weird). We in Europe are being better protected against false advertising IMO (we also got different VAT among EU countries). One of the many things making me happy to live in EU.

4 Likes

Knowing how much you are gowing to pay upfront for something … pfff … communism :wink: .

@Adrian_Grimm 20 characters…

1 Like

They’ve started shipping to Ireland, Austria, and The Netherlands and added iDeal payment option.

4 Likes

Also to Germany.
My order is on its way now (batch 8).
I am excited to receive it within the next days.
Anybody else who ordered it?

1 Like

Yes I have a tracking number to say it is leaving Taiwan for the UK :slight_smile:

1 Like

Guys, which OS are you going to use with it?

Bought with Windows but will dual boot with Ubuntu or Raspberry (Debian Bullseye)

I have some microscope and solar charging related apps that are still bound to ‘ms windows’ or ‘apple’

2 Likes

I will use it with Windows

2 Likes

Just an update to say I have text to say it will be arriving today, no ‘extra’ VAT :slight_smile:
So ÂŁ1497 for as described in earlier post

4 Likes

VAT ist included as it was stated in the Framework forum.

1 Like

Has arrived whoopee!

1 Like

have fun. DIY version?

No :slight_smile: Windows with all the bits pre-assembled.

Maybe “shutup 10” from O&O Software may help you to quiet out your gossip windows :wink:

Ah I don’t use social media so maybe I’m safe, but I do have an issue in that Windows is asking me to create an account to enable it, which I’ve never had before, OH and I got some 'weird ’ euro keyboard and not a UK one.

So I’m a bit stuffed :frowning:

You do not need a Microsoft account, it also works with local account

2 Likes