🇫🇷 🇬🇧 Connection USB a disparu?

bonjour
Depuis plus d’un an je gère mes fichiers entre mon ordinateur (W 8.1) et mon Fairphone 2 ( OS 17.01)… Ca marchait très bien. Mais depuis quelques heures l’ordinateur n’affiche plus la connection USB FP2… aussi plus de possibilité de gérer les échanges entre les 2 appareils… (à noter que la synchronisation de mon Outlook via le petit logiciel Android sync fonctionne donc la connexion USB existe mais est invisible)…
Au secours !!
cordialement

Hello
For more than a year I managed my files between my computer (W 8.1) and my Fairphone 2 (OS 17.01) … It worked very well. But for a few hours the computer no longer displays USB FP2 connection … also more possibility to manage the exchanges between the 2 devices … (note that synchronization of my Outlook via the small Android sync software works therefore the connection USB exists but is invisible) …
Help !!
cordially

If you plug in your FP2 to your computer there should be a popup asking for a connection mode. Have you tried different modes (tapping the one that is currently selected unselects it - having no option selected is also an option)?

1 Like

Merci,
Le problème semble s’être résolu tout seul…
après avoir constaté que l’appareil était apparu comme appareil multimédia dans la liste des périphériques et imprimantes gérés par Windows, je l’ai supprimé de cette liste… et miracle il est réapparu comme stockage USB (comme avant)
Miracle de la technologie …
Cordialement

thank you,
The problem seems to have resolved itself …
After seeing that the device appeared as a multimedia device in the list of devices and printers managed by Windows, I deleted it from this list … and miracle it reappeared as USB storage (as before)
Miracle of technology …
cordially

Yeah, USB seems to be the nemesis of Windows since Windows 95, will that stuff ever work reliably :slight_smile: ? (Of course not.)
My Fairphone 2 all of a sudden stopped showing up as an MTP device in Explorer, although the connection was there.
Reinstalling the MTP driver helped for a while, before it stopped showing up again.
I now mainly mount the SD Card for Explorer. I only sync the Internal storage with MyPhoneExplorer anyway, and luckily that works without FP2 showing up in Explorer.

thanks… and have a nice day

Bonjour,

Je possède un FP2 à jour.
J’essaie de le connecter par USB à mon ordi qui tourne sur Windows 10 pour récupérer mes photos.
Il apparait dans l’explorateur mais on m’indique que le dossier est vide.
J’ai essayé de le désinstaller à partir du gestionnaire de périphériques et de le rebrancher. Le périph s’est réinstallé mais cela n’a rien changé. Quelqu’un sait il comment faire ?
merci

Hi
I own a FP2 up to date.
When i connect it to my PC (under Windows 10) I see it but am told the file is empty.
i have uninstalled it through the device manager and connected it again for reinstallation but to no avail.
Who knows what to do ? Thanks

When you connect your phone to your PC via USB, there should be a notification on your phone to choose a USB connection mode, there are different modes for different purposes.

Here’s an explanation.

Edit: And here’s a recent post by @Johannes on that.

1 Like

Thanks, it worked !

I don’t understand though that there’s not even a warning on the phone when i connect it and i have to swipe down to get to the connecting options.
Are we supposed to guess it works that way ? I wonder how many peaople had the same problem.

Pour les francophones exclusifs, il faut lorsqu’on connecte le FP2 par USB, balayer l’écran de son FP2 vers le bas pour accéder aux options de connexion (seulement recharger ou transférer ses données, musique, photos…)
Merci Ă  AnotherElk

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.