FP5 double tap to wake not always working

Please stay on topic here.

2 Likes

My experience with the “double tap to wake”. With AOD doesn’t work at all. Without AOD : if the smartphone is long time sleeping, it’s very very slow (2-3seconds), otherwise it’s responsive.

2 Likes

It’s the same for me. Usually after I double tap, it takes ~3 seconds to wake. If I try it immediately after turning the screen off, it works instantly.

(This is with battery saver on, haven’t tried it without)

I noticed a very similar behaviour. I also checked if a 60Hz or 90Hz refresh rate makes a difference, seems the same.

I had the the same unreliable behavior. Today i changed the refresh rate back to 60hz. Double tap now works like a charm. [AoD turned off]

With the same configuration as yours, the tap to wake functionality deactivates by itself after some hours :pensive:

I also turned “Pick up to wake” on. Maybe that does the trick?

Today, after the tap to wake functionality had completely disappeared, even after a reboot, I realised the option “tap to wake” had been changed to OFF.

So, beside the unreliability of that function there’s also the possibility that for some reason it gets disabled without the user knowing.

Ciao,
Max

There is a topic for this

1 Like

Bei mir ist das auch so. Dieser Button wird immer wieder zurückgesetzt. Allerdings funktioniert es bei mir trotzdem. Ich muss nur nach zweimal klopfen noch kurz den Fingerabdrucksensor berühren, dann funktioniert das perfekt.
Damit kann man leben, denke ich.

Could you please stay in english here and other EN topics? You can use deepl.com to translate.
Also I kindly ask to keep the discussion seperated.

1 Like

Have you set-up the fingerprint sensor to unlock, as this would mean you unlock the phone instead of just awaking the screen?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tap to wake setting disabled through reboot

Some improvement with AoD enabled: its now working, however you need to hold/touch the FP, i.e does not work when lying flat or in a car holder

1 Like

I got this response from FP support:

From a software perspective, we’ve implemented all necessary improvements to help increase the reliability of this feature. Unfortunately, we can’t implement any further improvements due to hardware limitations.

It’s not really working reliable yet, but apparently it won’t get better.

The only thing improved officially, was the issue that it was not working when AoD is enabled. If thats the best they can offer…btw the issue in the beta group is not closed so far.

1 Like

I observe the descibed behaviour even with AoD disabled: I need to touch any part of the FP5 with any part of my body while double-tapping to wake. Otherwise it will not show any reaction, e. g. when it is just lying on the table.

To make it work I need to touch either the frame or the back cover with a hand, finger, nose, elbow… I may pick whatever is connected to my body and is not covered by fabric. And the slightest, lightest touch is sufficient to make it work. My suspicion is that the secret is static charge, an issue we already discussed with the FP3.

2 Likes

Oh wow, I think you are actually right… that’s kind of a bummer tbh.
Got my FP5 this week, and I’m quite happy with the overall quality. But this is kind of annoying.

I will just disable the feature completely. It’s kind of useless this way.

A friend of mine, and also according to my experience, it works quite reliably using three taps, especially is you’re holding the phone with the same hand you’re tapping… (I.e. using your thumb