[FP5][AndroidAuthority]First look at the Fairphone 5

Pst! :face_in_clouds: Check the devices used in the Fairphone’s latest video… as suggested here by @urs_lesse :wink:.

REVEAL "SECRET"

:grin:

11 Likes

Looking for a case for the FP4, @O.o found a site that seems to sell cases for the Fairphone 5. The site also shows some information such as that it will be released in October 2023. However, as @Meaghan points out, this might not be completely reliable.

Specifications about the mobile phone

• Model: Fairphone 5
  • Modelnumber: FP5
  • Introduced: October 2023
  • Screensize: 6.3"
  • Dimensions: 158 x 71.8 x 9.9mm
  • Weight: 189g

Check it out here:

4 Likes

btw, Fairphone is launching an event on 30 August, with pictures of a battery that does resemble the one from leaked images of FP5, https://twitter.com/Fairphone/status/1692083886681907452

6 Likes

Link to the actual 30 August event page:

Adding this because Twitter is no longer viewable for those without a Twitter account.

11 Likes

Apologies, I didn’t know, too much change with Twitter/X these days.

There has also been a post on FB, Fairphone - Change is coming soon 💙 PS. we are giving away..., is it also non public?

There seems to be some contest attached, Fairphone Promotions and Offers - Fairphone
Slightly confusing as it only mentions Instagram, but the rules make it even more likely it is about FP5.
“Eligible participants will stand a chance to win Fairphone product(s) with an estimated value of €700.00”

5 Likes

No problem, I only recently found out about this change in Twitter myself.

And the 700 Euros don’t necessarily need to be the price of the new product, it was the same prize/price tag two years ago:

(Fairphone 4 pricing from the start: 580/650 Euros)

5 Likes

Thanks. And for the note.
I am kinda hoping the price of the FP5 would be below 700 Euros then:D

3 Likes

Ha! Time to update my guess from last time … price reduction for the Fairphone 4 down to 349,- EUR to clear out stock, and you can win 2 of them :slight_smile: .

(There is a slight possibility that I will be proven wrong again.)

By the way … “The giveaway of the mystery prize begins on August 167, 2023, at noon”

grafik

2 Likes

should I google the results from 2021?

many time zones included, I see

I would say drop price for the FP4 (450 €) and Fairbuds XL included (250 €) :grin:

some companies are just no longer embarassed by anything at all

Oops. Thanks for spotting that, I notified my colleagues, it will be fixed soon :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Uhm… I might be wrong, but according to the website the event is going to start at 11:30 AM CET (12:30 PM thus for Western Europe) on that day. I have the impression that this is a strange way to state the date while Western Europe is using CEST currently, and the countdown further up on that page supports that maybe 11:30 AM CEST would have been correct.

On a side note: I wanted to confirm this by using the “add to calendar” function and all I got were 4 different links to open in some proprietary mail/calendar services - that’s at least what I thought first, then as a last trial I used the Apple link and got the universal ICS file which can be important into virtually every calendar. This could be marked as such, as it is not visible when hovering over the link.

3 Likes

BT is offering FP5 at their website at approximately 700 Euros.
No exact specs given, no dimensions (I am specially interested in dimensions as I want to check the other brands cases), but the description feels legit to my ears

6 Likes

They’re boasting 3905mAh of battery (which is not bad, at all) and a 50 Mpx camera (hoping that we can use a port for the pixel camera app too).

So, the reveal is admittedly in a little under 12 days. I don’t really know what to do with that topic now. Speculations over specs and price? Talk about the giveaway? squirreling over any and all crumb of info about the fp5? or all of the above :smile:

3 Likes

Some specs are so similar to the FP4 that I’d seriously doubt them. 3905 mAh is 100% identical to the FP4 battery.

3 Likes

I paid attention to the eight year software support:)

But given the battery looks bigger, that might be off. Still I got the feeling the description was provided by the Fairphone Staff, not BT.

3 Likes

Huh? The FP5 will offer eight years of updates?

1 Like

this is what it says at the BT website

“Fairphone 5 is not only fast: it will stay up-to-speed until 2031. That’s right, 2031! Thanks to a unique long-life Octa-core chipset backed with at least 8 years of software updates”

7 Likes

Well, it’s a Instagram-only contest, excluding everyone who doesn’t want to give Meta his full bio. But then again Fairphone has proven to be quite marketing-friendly, if their last emailing is something to go by. :frowning_face:

Fair my…