My conclusion of a comparison between stock camera app and Open Camera on FP4 was that picture quality of the stock app is better than Open Camera.
The new Camera2-API had no effect on the quality with my FP4. The picture quality of the stock app was still better.
KurtF
December 14, 2022, 5:19pm
23
Emphasis mine. Any update on that?
(The OP is from February, so I’m mildly optimistic… )
Razem
December 14, 2022, 5:22pm
24
Yes, ultra-wide camera should be accessible to 3rd party apps in a foreseeable future:
And we have another response:
Our team reviewed the resources you shared about camera sensor availability.
A software build which addresses that is currently being tested. I can’t say which exact release will include the change, but I still wanted to let you know that it’s on its way sooner rather than later.
So hopefully we’ll see the update soon.
Regarding the 48MP photos, it’s hard to tell:
See:
I was hopefully able to convince them that using multiple cameras isn’t as problematic as they claim. But I’m not really sure about the high resolution. As far as I know, even the stock camera app uses some alternative mode to access it. Is there any standard way to do this using the API?
Also see:
AUX camera, wide angle lense, yes, but not 48MP
committed 05:59PM - 25 Nov 22 UTC
This basically NOPs update_camera_metadata_entry() call that sets
ANDROID_REQUES… T_AVAILABLE_CAPABILITIES_SYSTEM_CAMERA to 1 for aux cam.
Change-Id: Ie869b3eb0ea85af99904e2e23e86c4cd0acc3596
Every day I pray that 48MP will be available on Gcam soon. It’s something I really miss, as it currently feels like my phone isn’t living up to its full potential.