FP4, security update, december 5 2021, called FP3Q.A.094 though

Hmm still no update on my side, I wonder when I should consider contacting support ?

Updates are usually sent via networks so maybe you could state which network you are using, for otherā€™s benefit.

I donā€™t think contacting support will make a difference unless your network is not on their list.

Often networks are Virtual or subs of others.

There have often been delays for some of the FP 3 updates on certain networks/carriers.

It wonā€™t hurt to inform support but may not speed things up.

Its Christmas (holidays) time and FP did not even publish the official change log, neither here nor on the dedicated how to tutorial, so I think a bit more patience would be good.

4 Likes

Of course, Iā€™m well aware of my own impatience haha.
For the record, Iā€™m running with Orange network in France.

I donā€™t expect contacting support to speed up things but perhaps give me some insights as whether or not they know about update propagation, and/or if they can eventually provide with flashable OTA file in the event where some device would not receive the update.

1 Like

Well after their ginormous crash on the 22nd I expect they have other things to worry about. I still donā€™t have access to mails :flushed:

Yeahā€¦ Iā€™m glad I made my orange adress my official spam/dodgy websites accounts receiver a long time agoā€¦

I trust you didnā€™t receive the update either ? (If you own a fp4)

I think thereā€™s something wrong with my device: I followed the guide to microG replacement of Google native service.
After reboot the update was proposed to me through notification.

However, since I had trouble with maps not working anymore, I uninstalled nanodroid and reverted to regular Google service. After reboot, the update notification was gone and system update module did not want to find it anymore.

Edit: so I did a factory reset and update was available at first boot. I donā€™t know what I messed with my device but it appears I was not likely to receive the update the usual way

Just realized that this update allows unlocking the phone with fingerprint without pressing the button.

5 Likes

Yes, this has been discussed in another thread

Thanks for bringing it up here where it belongs.

3 Likes

Hello,
I still cannot see the update in my FP4. Is there any way to install it manually?
I have installed the F-Droid store and a few Apps via this store. Does this prevent me from getting updates?
Thank you for your ideas and comments.

1 Like

Still no update :face_with_raised_eyebrow: here. What would you suggest to do? Waiting longer? Asking support?

1 Like

No, I canā€™t imagine that. I think it depends on your mobile provider.

Yes, thatā€™s what Iā€™d recommend.

2 Likes

Deactivated all google trash. Use only f-droid.
And received update directly on first day.

2 Likes

Moin
Here is still nothing going on. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Seems the same like the last update (A.091) for Medionmobile users to take 1 month.
So until january 21.
Letā€™s see if my fp4 still gets it or the G-free versions are faster.

PS: 1 month, ā€¦ totally unacceptable,ā€¦ we have 2022, 5G network and the gui is also no longer chiseled in slate :thinking:
Or do i have to wait until the doorbell rings and someone is at the door with a disk or cd? :joy:
That will be nice :nerd_face:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT :open_mouth: thanks for pointing that out!

New user on the Sky Mobile network in the UK (an MVNO using the EE network) and as of today Iā€™ve not received the latest December update

2 Likes

Just got the update after changing out my MedionMobile sim with an o2 one.

Is this normal? I think not. But what can you do?..

Update :raised_hands:

I think I need to buy a lottery ticket :rofl:

4 Likes

I still donā€™t have the update (Tele2 NL), but your play store is out of date (Feb 2021).