Single press fingerprint unlock feature added

Seems like the recent update wasn’t just a security update. Now you can enable the unlock with a single press on the fingerprint scanner. Is there really no complete changelog somewhere?

10 Likes

Normally FP opens a thread, this has not been done yet for the current update. Normally I think in the official threads there is a summary, in addition there is a support page, listing all Versions.

4 Likes

English is not my native language, but that description doesn’t seem proper English. Also a space is missing after the comma. I also saw this somewhere else in the menus. I’ll see if this is
on purpose by contacting support, but it seems a bit sloppy if you ask me. Functionality is what counts most of course

3 Likes

The fingerprint unlock seems to be a nice way to bring the screen to life. It works good.

Very nice. I just got my phone 2 days ago and the press and tap method to unlock the phone was already making me crazy.

I wonder if double tap to wake will make an appearance someday.

1 Like

I asked FP support about that, their response was to install a 3rd party app for that double tap to wake the screen functionality. Maybe they’ll change their mind.

I suspect that those that would post the change log on the forum may not be in now because of Christmas.

But that’s a great present anyways :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow very nice feature !
Now I just wished I received the update xD
Would not arm to have flashable versions of OTA updates as well… If the update is pushed by carriers, that might take a long time for some of us…

I can’t find any double tap to wake app that works. Any ideas?
The fingers can option to unlock is a good thing.

I assume that this also does not work with an external app if it is not provided by the hardware at all.

Recently installed Gravity Screen, it allows to enable “lift to wake” feature with various sensitivity options/settings. It’s not double-tap, but it’s something…

For me, the new feature is without value, as I usually just press the power button to see the notifications on the lock screen without being logged in right away.
That is 50% of the time.
With this feature, the device is always unlocked right away, which I don’t want.

But it’s still nice that it’s there because other people have different requirements than me :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you for the info. this is a cool feature and was also available in fp3.

Steven

Not exactly. As the FP3 has a separate finger print sensor, there was no choice between touching or pushing it.

2 Likes

Strange that somepne got this answer from FP support. I would also say this option is not possible.

I asked FP support about that, their response was to install a 3rd party app for that double tap to wake the screen functionality. Maybe they’ll change their mind.

Just tried this…
Brilliant, love it!
Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.