FP4 - gcam-port

At least the version I have (8.6.263) has that option.

I’ve been using the BSG GCam for a while now and I’m quite happy with it.
Can’t say much about the features compared to the others, my main reason for choosing it was that it’s usually the most up-to-date one.
I want bleeding edge, if stuff doesn’t break once in a while I get bored :smirk:

9 Likes

:grinning: :+1:

I use Iodé and in Iodé is the wide angle camera supported with open camera…

I have the same version in use. But I could not find an option to use other gallery app. Perhaps you can point me into the right direction?

Pull down the options → More settings → Second to last option at the bottom :slightly_smiling_face:

There I have “Configs” just with “load” and “save”.

Interesting, maybe this only gets enabled on newer Android versions, I’m running CalyxOS (Android 13) :thinking:

Looks like that for me:

Thats weird I have this setting as well with FPOS A11 and the Nikita GCam port 8.2 v1.8…does BSG provide different versions as well (like snapcam or samsung…) and might this be the reason?

1 Like

I’m on stock and it’s visible for me as well. Strange.

Let’s check specific versions then :nerd_face:

I daily drive MGC_8.6.263_A11_V14 and am currently testing MGC_8.7.250_A11_V6 for stability.

Both have different package names. The older one ( installed as org.codeaurora.snapcam) has the option, the latest one (installed as com.android.mgc) actually doesn’t.
I’ve installed them with their package names switched and that didn’t change the outcome, so the functionality definitely depends on the version.

@jochen0 could you try the 8.6.263 version I linked above please :pray:

The different package names are solely there to make it easier to have two different packages/versions at the same time.
I use MGC_8.7.250_A11_V6 for testing and as stable version MGC_8.6.263_A11_V14 from BSG

They exist because of allow lists in some Android ROMs. If you install the version with the right package name on those, GCam gets additional access to something like the AUX lenses for example.

Further info in the FAQ.

Aaaand, do you have the option there? :upside_down_face:

Which option are you referring to?

The one we were just talking about in the last few posts, why I played around with different package names in the first place :laughing:

It should exist in the 8.6.263 version you’re using, does it? :thinking:

Yes, you can use a third party gallery. I personally use F-Stop

1 Like

Here I installed from
MGC_8.6.263_A11_V11_snap.apk

Installed MGC_8.6.263_A11_V14_snap.apk and found the option. But activating it does not make a difference.

After “shooting” a photo and tapping on the preview button, I see:

Me too, but it is not offered as a gallery option.

Did you try a reset of the default app setting for the gallery?

I use this version MGC_8.6.263_A11_V14_MGC.apk (com.android.mgc)

1 Like

thats kind of normal. What OS do you use? There might be a workaround using