FP3+ randomly crashes

Today I turned off completely 4G on both SIM Cards.
I will report If this fixes the random reboots :wink:

2 Likes

The crashes in my case happened in a particular area. After travelling to another city, it only crashed once. But here are the Providers I use:

Within Turkey TURKCELL
Within Germany Telefónica aka O2 via a Network vendor.

After remembering where the reboots occurred, I think I can also locate some spots in Vienna where more reboots occurred than usual.

I guess collecting the crash logs require root access?

The problem is that android doesn’t save the logs somewhere on the device, so after your devices gets crashed, all logs are getting discarded.

The best way is to track events via adb on a laptop, even if it’s kinda difficult.

And yes, root needed. You don’t have to root your device, but you should enable root debugging and access your phone via adb root.

1 Like

Without 4G no random restarts until now!
I will keep you updated… :wink:

2 Likes

3 days ago I turned off 4G, no reboot until now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But even though when your phone will never crash again, to not use 4G anymore is not the best option to prefer, is it?

I still wonder what exactly causes the crash.

1 Like

Me too.
Fairphone Support wrote me that I should check my SIM cards.
Maybe I try to get new ones from my provider and turn on 4G again.

Note: I also inserted my SD card yesterday (10 am) - still no random reboots :wink:

1 Like

I turned off “4G” on 12.10.2021 and had no single reboot since then!!! So more than a week no reboots!

Today (20.10.2021 14:00) I changed one of my SIM cards (Drei) into a new model and turned on 4G (Bevorzugter Netzwerktyp: 2G/3G/4G automatisch) and “Erweiterter 4G LTE-Modus”. I left the other one (Magenta) in 3G.

4 Likes

Short Update: (24.10.2021)
no reboot with the new SIM card since reactivating 4G!
Note: I use this card only for phone calls and not for mobile data connections!

2 Likes

Sounds nice, please keep us updated.

2 Likes

Short Update (31.10.2021):
No Reboots until now… (SIM Card for Mobile Data is still in 2G/3G mode)

1 Like

Have you changed the 2nd SIM-Card

Not yet. I had no time to change my second SIM Card, that one is still in 2G/3G mode…

Still using my old SIM Card in 2G/3G and the second (new) one in 4G and I had not a single reboot…

3 Likes

Yesterday I installed:
8901.3.A.0132.20211027

Today I turned on 4G with:

• First SIM: T-Mobile 4G (Mobile Data)
  • Second SIM: Drei 4G

So I will see if that Update fixes anything.

P.S.
Ambient light seems to Work with that update

Wait, wait … you have been using Fairphone’s original OS and not LineageOS?

Sadly topics get a bit encumbered. I have noted that I haven’t read the intro, in this case, or a relevant post sometimes and the post is a bit off topic.

I just read you first post ~ and there is a lineageos tag in the title ~

but maybe some responders didn’t notice that or are actively saying, Hey! just letting you know what happening with the original A10 OS

It seems you post has been hijacked for a similar problem on the default OS

So you did a factory reset to A10 default OS then flashed Lineage OS ??

Sorry I did not see the lineage OS tag…
Yes I’m using the default OS on my FP3+.

1 Like

No, I have been using LineageOS all the time, i never flashed Fairphone OS since opening the thread.

But it is still good to know that the crashes have possibly nothing to do with the OS. It’s maybe a hardware specific issue?

1 Like