FP3+ randomly crashes

You’re still welcome posting here, I think we came one more step closer to solve the issue. Now it seems like to be a hardware issue. Please keep us updated!

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same issue with an FP3+ running /e/ 0.20. I live in a large French city, and this only happens when I leave the city, or when I’m in a house in the countryside where network connectivity is poor. I did a factory reset, which didn’t solve it. I’ve been experiencing this for months - no version of /e/ / Android seems to have been unaffected. FWIW, my carrier is SFR.

I’d be glad to provide logs, but I don’t know how to get a persistent logcat. I have tried using Logcat Reader from F-Droid, but the logs don’t seem to be saved to the internal storage when the phone crashes.

1 Like

Hi.
Often connectivity isdues are due to the phone switching betwern alternate wifi bands ( 2.4 or 5) GHz and/or the network, so try limiting such options. Set wifi channel or switch off wifi or network in selected locations.

Hi. Thanks for your answer. However, the phone shuts itself off even when wifi is off and only 4G is enabled. I’d like to be able to use 4G and not have to disable it when I travel.
Thanks again!

1 Like