FP3+ randomly crashes

Hi,

it’s me again. Unfortunately my problem still isn’t solved. But it’s now much more better since it doesn’t get frozen that often anymore.

I tried first using 3G only. My phone got only frozen once within a week.

Then I traveled to another city one week ago and enabled 4G again. Yesterday it got again frozen while my phone was shutting down. I again had to press the power button for like 15 seconds until it booted up again.

My mobile network operator has activated VoLTE after I applied for it like two weeks ago.

On august 23 I updated my OS.

Any other idea why this is happening?

So you say you have VoLTE turned on again? If so I would turn off again to test

Unfortunately it did not make any difference. I turned it off for two weeks almost. Seems to be an issue with LTE itself.

the support traoubleshhoting tool here Find & fix an issue yourself – Support indicates it could be faulty SIM card or SD card. I would walk through troubleshooter and when you cannot solve open a ticked with support

1 Like

Is it enough to just eject SD Card or should I remove it from my phone completely?

I will try to obtain a replacement SIM Card.

1 Like

I would take it out completely. If formatted as internal please read this before you do, to save your data

2 Likes

I there.
I’m a fresh user who switched to FP3+ because (not that) old phone kept crashing and hanging.

FP3+ started to reboot randomly as well.

It turned out to be a faulty SD card (not SIM) which seemed fine at first. But I couldn’t delete files or reformat it (wasn’t read only). Destroyed the card and added a new one : all’s fine now!

3 Likes

I have SD cards of 2Gb from a decade a go and have never had one fail, maybe the more modern ones with smaller circuitry are less relaible.

However I am interested in whether you have the SD card formatted as Internal or External

It was used as external only (I transfer ebooks from my PC onto it to read during commute), although I wasn’t using it explicitly since quite some time.
Photos were stored on the phone, not the card.

3 Likes

In my case it doesn’t simply reboot. Every time I had to press the power button for like 10-15 seconds until it booted up again. I even have doubts about wether or not it is really a faulty sd card, because i ordered it together with my phone, so it’s brand new … but I know, still it can be faulty.

I wonder wether or not there is anything written on logcat? But android doesn’t seem to store logs that long …

How should I behave after noticing that my phone again crashed? Maybe i should install some app helping me finding out what caused the problem?

By the way I already looked in to logcat and I noticed some warnings regarding my phone battery.

I would really advise to contact support after following the troubleshooting tool.with the tool you rule out common issues.

1 Like

I ordered my FP3+ in February 2021 and now in Oktober 2021 it starts to reboot at least once a day, which is really annoying.

First I thought it’s the SD Card, so I removed it, then LTE, … until now nothing worked and I really do not know the reason :frowning:

How is it possible to get the crash logs?

The reboot occur always the same:
Screen freezes and after a few seconds the phone restarts. So it seems to be a software bug to me.

Is it the same without the SIM card i.e. doing wifi calling ?

In my case I still don’t know what ultimately caused the crashes, but I changed all my SIM-Cards to assure that they were not defective. Since then no crash has occured, but I returned back to germany at the same time. So I am not sure if the problem has solved.

By the way: The best way to read the logs is via adb logcat. Turn on root debugging in the developer settings, use adb in root mode and then follow the events in real time via adb.

2 Likes

It seems that the FP3(+) is “crash vulnerable” when using certain 4G frequencies. Also, there was a similar case reported by a user who was with Wind in Italy until he changed to Vodafone. His FP3+ has been free of crashes since…

1 Like

Today I turned off completely 4G on both SIM Cards.
I will report If this fixes the random reboots :wink:

2 Likes

The crashes in my case happened in a particular area. After travelling to another city, it only crashed once. But here are the Providers I use:

Within Turkey TURKCELL
Within Germany Telefónica aka O2 via a Network vendor.

After remembering where the reboots occurred, I think I can also locate some spots in Vienna where more reboots occurred than usual.

I guess collecting the crash logs require root access?

The problem is that android doesn’t save the logs somewhere on the device, so after your devices gets crashed, all logs are getting discarded.

The best way is to track events via adb on a laptop, even if it’s kinda difficult.

And yes, root needed. You don’t have to root your device, but you should enable root debugging and access your phone via adb root.

1 Like

Without 4G no random restarts until now!
I will keep you updated… :wink:

2 Likes