FP3: my order just got delayed by one month! from mid Sep. to mid Oct. to early Nov

Question is … do mobilcom-debitel really have stock?

So, if Fairphone can still meet the mid October shipping date in effect right now (until they would say otherwise), would you wait significantly less with a reseller now?

1 Like

Shipped! Ordered on the website, timeframe expected was “late october”. I have received an email that begins with: “Your Fairphone 2 is arriving” :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yesterday got the message the phone was on its way (sooner than expected, mid October) and got it today :slight_smile:

All at Fairphone: you can be proud of the product. It feels way more solid than the FP 2. It feels like a leap forward from the FP2. Returning my FP2 soon (defect on left side of the screen, and battery is not optimal anymore after 3 3/4 years). It was worth waiting for the FP3! The only drawback some people will have is its size (almost as big as an iPhone 11 Max). I’m happy with my new phone :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ordered in the first 20 minutes, still got the Rhenus status.

5 Likes

Payment confirmation on day 1 here, also not shipped yet.
From the pre-ordering support page:

“We expect to start shipping mid-October 2019, depending on the payment date of the order.”

Well, “depending” does not mean they would have to ship exactly in the order of confirmed payments, but one has to wonder …

3 Likes

Same here. Payment accepted at 13:48 on August 27th (the day that FP3 was announced). My last notification was a mail saying that the shipping was delayed until mid-October…

Maybe it depends on the country where it has to be sent? (I’m from Spain). Or maybe it depends on the items that you purchased? (I mean, I also bought the charger and the USB-C cable…)

3 Likes

It’s on the way! Just received my tracking code… :grin::grinning:

6 Likes

Great!
Have you ordered it with or without cable/charger?

Edit - For reference : still the same “preparing shipment” status. Ordered from Austria and with cable and charger.

1 Like

I ordered it without anything in addition on the very first day.

2 Likes

Seems to be arriving soon…?! :smiley:

:sunny: :smile:

1 Like

It seems you don’t have the charger or cable included in your order neither. I’m still “Rhenus prepare shipment”, so I guess the charger or the cable is slowing down our orders :thinking:

1 Like

I think you are right. @Mixigodo

I ordered the “Fairphone charger” two days later as a separated order, because of an error on my part. so that delivery is still “Rhenus prepare shipment” !

1 Like

Seems, like the charger is making a difference, as those reporting delivery stated, they did not order one.

2 Likes

So those who ordered charger and cable along with the phone are left worrying about when their order will be shipped … and those who got the phone already are left worrying about the quality of the chargers and cables they already have.

That’s fair … We all have our crosses to bear :slight_smile: .

5 Likes

Toujours Rhenus prépare l’envoi pour moi, commandé le deuxième jour sans câble ni chargeur…

Ordered on first day, payment confirmation from PayPal received at 12:18.

However, I also ordered the cable, so this seems to be the problem. Would I have known that this would delay the delivery even further, I would have ordered it elsewhere.

1 Like

Je n’ai pas commandé de câble ni de chargeur et le téléphone n’est toujours pas expédié, le câble et le chargeur ne semblent pas être la cause du retard

Mine should be delivered today! no cable or charger. Exciting!!

1 Like

Just got my FP3 a few days ago. Its worth the wait!

2 Likes

Or order separate and pay S&H twice.

I suppose that the FP3 from China shipment arrived, while the cables and/or chargers have not yet arrived. Funny thing is, I already considered this very scenario when I was ordering (you’ll have to take that statement at face value).

I shall wait patiently, even though more and more FP2 are being sold.

1 Like