FP3: my order just got delayed by one month! from mid Sep. to mid Oct. to early Nov

Zaten er kosten verbonden aan nieuwe nano-kaart?

I just received my DHL SMS and e-mail for delivery on Monday the 4th (so I expect it today :smiley: )

2 Likes

Yes, at Xs4all they ask 5 euros for a new data card.

1 Like

E-mail and SMS received for delivery on November 5.

3 Likes

YAY, I also got my sms and email! :slight_smile: estimated delivery 6.11.

3 Likes

Finally I got my mail 3 hours ago. I will receive it the next week… I’m so excited! :smile:

4 Likes

DHL decided to send it from Ehv to Ams via Bxl so I get it Monday instead. Not the first time. I guess I will never understand the logic behind such decisions.

Perhaps there’s no DHL Express sort facility in the Netherlands? It’s not that hard to imagine.
(My phone is in Brussels right now, too.)

My phone went to DHL Eindhoven sort facility and straight to Tilburg.

DHL or DHL Express? They are two different services.

My track and trace number started with ‘JVGL’ . I had to look it up through DHL Parcel. So I guess it wasn’t DHL Express.

Did a DDG search and found this

You obviously don’t work in multi-drop logistics! Brussels is one of DHL’s main hubs and most parcels will go via there if coming from Europe and still arrive the next working day! It’s not only the OP’s parcel on the plane y’know!

Not enough parcels to fill the plane in France? Not enough parcels to fill the plane in Spain? Fly to Spain. Spain plane will have parcels from South America for all over Europe so fly it to main sorting hub in Brussels (full) then fly to destinations from Brussels.

(I didn’t attempt to find other sources on the matter.)

4 Likes

Shipment temporarily on hold. DHL will take action AMSTERDAM - NETHERLANDS, THE 07:54

I called them, and this just means it is currently on hold, and that they’ll send it in the afternoon. The odd thing is I don’t normally see this as status (then again I guess I normally don’t use DHL Express). Also the helpdesk person confirmed that the sorting center even for packages within The Netherlands is in Brussels.

4 Likes

Just got the mail today: my FP3 is on the way, and I’ll receive it in 1 to 6 days. :smiley:

It’s about time, because my old phone (Nokia Asha 210) just died last Saturday evening…

2 Likes

the sorting center even for packages within The Netherlands is in Brussels

Plane flights are simply way too cheap.

6 Likes

While I agree, I could imagine they mainly use trucks while staying in the Benelux … with excessive truck traffic causing its own set of problems, of course.

My phone departed Brussels this evening … in the meantime I customised the delivery date to November 6 for a better chance to be at home.

3 Likes

I assume it goes by train. I know PostNL does use night trains a lot.

2 Likes

Commendable.
Deutsche Bahn sadly seems to only cut down freight train infrastructure and capacity at the moment in favour of their own freight truck enterprises. Maintaining railway tracks = their own money, maintaining roads = taxpayers’ money. No political pressure or legislation correcting stupid stuff like this.
So whoever wants reliable and halfway quick shipping will go by truck here, too, including Deutsche Post/ DHL.

4 Likes

Do you have any source for that? At least inside the Netherlands PostNL has not used any trains for decades (EDIT: it ended in 1997.) I am not aware of any international mail going by train here.

1 Like

Aber man bemüht sich :neutral_face: :

Finally after 5 long days of waiting I just now received my shipping mail! :grin:
Really looking forward to check out fairphone and even android (hopefully googlefree soon) for the first time.

2 Likes