FP3 Battery Life Experiences

After using my Fairphone3 for about a month, I really want to compliment the team on the great Battery Life. I regularly get one and a half days of battery usage out of it, a big jump from my old phone.

5 Likes

I couldnā€™t agree more. That coupled with the speediness of charging, I feel a lot less like Iā€™m living on the edge all the time trying to preserve battery

1 Like

Yup, I love just being able to charge everything now with my MacBook Charger

3 Likes

I want to chime in. The last days with my FP2 were hard, the battery didnā€™t last half a day. Now I can even go 2 days without charging and I love it.

2 Likes

Have you ever replaced the battery on your FP2?

2 Likes

Nope, it was more then 3.5 years old, when the FP3 finally came to the rescue :wink:

2 Likes

I confirm I can use it for 2 full days as well. from 7 AM of day one to 24 of day two. I keep it switched on during the night. More than satisfied from the battery performance

4 Likes

I am super happy with the battery life. It seems to consume hardly any power when the screen is off. Also, the brightness is set to automatic and seems pretty bright most oft the time. Within the last 7 days, I charged it ā€œa bitā€ during the day, and that was enough. Minimum percentage was 55 or so. I usually donā€™t switch a smartphone off completely.

4 Likes

Hi, I will received my FP3 tomorrow, and Iā€™d like to know how to manage the battery for the 1/2 first times?
Should I use it until itā€™s empty? Should I charge it during 6/8 hours?

Thanks for your advices!

1 Like

With lithium-ion batteries there is no reason to fully discharge the battery. In fact, itā€™s not good for the battery to let it completely discharge. For the most optimal battery life in the long term, you want to keep your charge between 40-80%, though Iā€™m not sure how much of a difference does it make.

4 Likes

Maybe you can have a look to the " Maintenance Tips" in this topic (although for FP1+2, but Li-Ion are all the same): āœ A little Guide to ... Fairphone's Batteries (FP1 & FP2)

1 Like

Thank you @therob @Puri !

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Almost 3 years later, what are your experiences? Have you replaced your battery?

I have my FP3 since the beginning of 2020, so for over 2.5 years. Lately I start noticing that the battery does not hold the charge for as long as before anymore.

Especially when travelling and using navigation I could not get through the whole day. If mostly ideling, I can manage two days.

Did you check with an app like AkkuBattery if it seems to be more related to a degrading battery or if itā€™s probably caused by increased app CPU usage?

5 Likes

After 2 to 3 years the OS and apps have been updated and itā€™s likely that they are more CPU hungry and thatā€™s without you adding extra apps over that time.

Still the battery may well have also lost ##% of itā€™s capacity. It will be difficult to tell unless you can compare to another battery.

1 Like

Good hint, Iā€™ll monitor with AccuBattery (this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digibites.accubattery, unfortunately not on F-Droid).

1 Like

Using it for some time it can even give you an estimate of the remaining battery capacity. Maybe this helpsā€¦

1 Like

BatteryBot Pro deserves also interest. Nice small app with full functionality, and without ads.