FP3 Battery Life Experiences

Pretty much the day after the latest OS upgrade my battery seemed start to lose it. I was walking home and my battery was at around 60% and then a few minutes later it turned off and wouldn’t restart. It’s happened a few times now, where it jumps straight to zero after reporting a much higher rating. The drain also seems a lot quicker, i.e. it can be in my bag in battery saving mode doing nothing for a few hours but will have lost 30%. When I first got it, that wouldn’t have been much battery at all.

I just popped it out and I suspect it might be starting to bulge :confused:

So after charging almost 1000%, I have an estimated capacity of 87%. Not bad for an almost 3-years-old battery.

However, the discharge while having the screen on seems quite high. Additionally there are about 10% discharge that I cannot trace to a specific foreground app. May be the system, or a background app… Is there an app to monitor background processes without root access?

Did you calibrate the battery before questioning via the app?

And in general the overridding issue is how much you use the phone in terms of longevity.

So whereas that figure may be useful to you it may be misleading for others with different usage. Some people charge thier phone daily or more, me every few days from about 30% to 90%.

I’ll have a look at that Accubattery app though :slight_smile:

Thanks for the insight.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just the power needed for the screen?!
Still 0.9%/h for screen off sounds good to me and 19.4%/h for screen on, ok.

I think you may be right about the screen draining the battery more than it should. I’ve mostly ruled out my battery as I bought it in March this year (the old battery developed a beer belly!) Since update 8901.4.A.0016.6, the adaptive brightness had developed a sense of humour. I put up with it until last week thinking it may eventually “adapt”, but it didn’t and I got fed up of it alternating from retina burning bright to being barely able to see it while the ambient light had not changed. So last week I switched adaptive brightness off.

This is not scientific, but before the update I’d end the day on around 65% from fully charged, after the update 38%. After turning off the adaptive brightness, I’m ending up nearer 55%. Only problem is if I forget to turn the brightness up before I go into the daylight, I can’t see to turn it up :wink:

2 Likes

Nope, at least not intentionally. :slight_smile:

2 Likes