FP3+ and camera issues

Since I have trouble with the lighting and flash of the original camera-app and it would shut down unwanted…, I have downloaded Xcamera from the playstore. It uses ads, but is, up to now, a lot better in colour and lighting. I’m now looking to get an adfree version. The camera is really good and with this app it performs a lot better.

1 Like

The original camera app I have may not be the best buy doesn’t have the problems you indicate and the topic title is a bit of ‘camera issues’ could mean anything, maybe a title edit would be useful…
I use Gcam . Nikita but also have Open camera installed. Have you tried either of those.

So what was the issue with lighting and flash??

2 Likes

thanks for sharing these !!

I downloaded the Nikita NG cam and am loving it, however I cant figure out how to get it to save pics to the sd card, it only seems to save to internal storage

Are you sure you have the SD card formatted as Portable, if not then you can’t.

Settings > Storage > look for the eject icon

1 Like

I have the SD card formatted as portable, is there a setting in the camera app that I am missing or haven’t found?

I’m afraid that it can’t be done, see Google Camera Port: FAQ and Troubleshooting.

Can GCam save photos/videos to the SD Card?

No. Since Google phones don’t support sd cards, Google Camera doesn’t have a setting to save photos and videos to external storage.

You can try a 3rd party app though. Tasker, for example, can be used to move files between folders/storages.

3 Likes

thank you for this. I think I’m just going to use my third party gallery app to move the pics from internal to sd card

2 Likes

Yes I use Simple Gallery to move pictures :slight_smile:

You can also try Open Camera which does have settings for the SD card

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.